Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
They use the weapons that fall from the machines, but these have not unlimited ammo, so these quickly become useless as they don't have what's needed to reload them.

I imagine if this was a real scenario, there would be very strong insentives for civilizations to learn to exploit these weapons more/better. Either domesticating the amo prodicing robots to farm amunition, or by using them at combat directly. Horizon is not very plausible if you take its depiction of its world literally.

Last edited:
But since when is that really important for a SF game ? Is it less realistic than driving through grass and dirt field at 150mph in a ferrari in FH5 without taking any damage, or John Wick stopping bullets with a smoking ?
BTW That's what Aloy can do, controlling machines, you can even choose a defensive of offensive behavior, but you need a Focus to do it, and need to updgrade it via the terminal they found. And other tribes can do the same, there are domesticated machines helping in harvesting terrain and cultures, also ennemy tribes using armed machines against others.

IMG_0010.jpg

52768853798_4381d104c3_4k.jpg

EDIT:
“It was important to us to make the experience fun and joyful on its own outside of the main gameplay. The clouds are not simply immersive scenery but an explorable landscape in themselves. Among the clouds, players will be able to explore tunnels, caves, and other surprises that make for fun flying,” says Andrew.

EDIT:
image.png

Last edited:

BAFTA Games Awards: God Of War Ragnarok leads the way as UK rolls out red carpet for best releases of the year​

Horizon Forbidden West was one of the best looking games of the year

Reactions: snc

BAFTA Games Awards: God Of War Ragnarok leads the way as UK rolls out red carpet for best releases of the year​

Horizon Forbidden West was one of the best looking games of the year

A Plague's Tale Requiem isn't up for the technical achievement award?

Like what 🤦‍♂️

I hope the clouds aren't the extent of what wasn't possible on PS4.
They are also increasing the level of details on the ground when traveling on the flying mount. But I think it's pointless as there are enough details on this game and hope they are also going to increase the speed of the mounts.

I would be fascinated to see the PS4 Pro trying to run the DLC.

ON PS4 and PS4 Pro the type of cloud they use for cover mountain were not available on the base game even without using true voxel (Volume distance field). There was no cloud around mountain. The gameplay where they hide mountain cave behind cloud is not possible at all using the older rendering method or they need to downgrade other part of the graphics. They call them orographic cloud.

orographic cloud.png

Page 128 of the SIGGRAPH 2022 presentation

And the notes
This capture was made in our 60hz performance mode where the output cloud resolution is 960x540. In Resolution mode at 1920x1080 30 hz it costs 5 ms with orographic and troposheric clouds combined. As much as we wanted we to, we couldn't make these clouds work on Playstation 4.

They said than the Horus battle take tons of of processing power(CPU and GPU) and memory. For the settlement the number of NPC would probably destroy the shitty jaguar core.

Last edited:
i am late to the party. Got to say, its been a long time since I was so impressed by a game's visuals. I am using the balanced mode and the IQ looks pristine. DIdnt notice the problems that were being reported at launch so I guess they have been ironed out with the patches. Balanced mode is butter smooth and the image looks simply stanning.
It insane how detailed the flora is. The moss is super high in detail. Down to the tiniest. The art and style of the game is simply outwordly. The fact that this is not a linear walking simulator says a lot about the talent and technical accomplishment. Cant believe this is the studio that gave us the inconsistent slideshow and bug fest with Killzone1 on PS2.

What I find super impressive is how consistent and how close the gameplay the lighting is to its cutscene version. And this is an open world game. Mindblown. You can even see the light interacting properly with the character's pubils during gameplay.
I am super excited and very very delighted. I dont know how the PS4 looks like but the PS5 is the most impressive game I played to date and looks next gen even though it is a cross gen game.
What game do you guys think competes with this? I cant think of any. Not even Cyberpunk 2077 in ultra.

i am late to the party. Got to say, its been a long time since I was so impressed by a game's visuals. I am using the balanced mode and the IQ looks pristine. DIdnt notice the problems that were being reported at launch so I guess they have been ironed out with the patches. Balanced mode is butter smooth and the image looks simply stanning.
It insane how detailed the flora is. The moss is super high in detail. Down to the tiniest. The art and style of the game is simply outwordly. The fact that this is not a linear walking simulator says a lot about the talent and technical accomplishment. Cant believe this is the studio that gave us the inconsistent slideshow and bug fest with Killzone1 on PS2.

What I find super impressive is how consistent and how close the gameplay the lighting is to its cutscene version. And this is an open world game. Mindblown. You can even see the light interacting properly with the character's pubils during gameplay.
I am super excited and very very delighted. I dont know how the PS4 looks like but the PS5 is the most impressive game I played to date and looks next gen even though it is a cross gen game.
What game do you guys think competes with this? I cant think of any. Not even Cyberpunk 2077 in ultra.
PS4 version is much more impressive TBH.

Back