Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I am seeing more off-topic posts complaining about off-topic posts than off-topic posts. You are also welcome to just report an off-topic post and then mods can happily delete them if indeed off-topic. ;) There are many likes on the off-topic off-topic posts or I would have deleted them already, but if this one gets more likes than those, I will happily get rid of all off-topicana.

From here on, just ignore or report and wait for the garbage collector ;).

HZD has procedural asset replacement. I would expect ps4 version have less variation and density in vegetation. SSD is going to make difference bigger than flops alone would make one believe.

I hope Forbidden West has similar 30fps and 60fps modes as miles morales.

It's going to be fun to visit graphics after release. Guerrilla has still plenty of time to polish the game.
A topic not often touched, but @JLinneman once covered the tools/innerworkings of HZD IIRC, maybe it was with Alex, it's been a while I don't recall now. But I would be interested to see an update on their engine toolset. It's not something we cover here in particular on B3D, most of it is around armchair rendering performance. But content/pipeline tools are a pretty key factor in producing the games themselves. Quite an unsung hero imo. As you spend more time with UE and say Unity, you really come to respect the importance of well built engine tools.

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/...UHFdMFBEss8BmOlgeBIomp8vVAmK_mzP3QT1mxR_uFSJY

Some Fans Really Aren't Happy About Aloy's Face In 'Horizon Forbidden West' Footage

HZD is already full of realistic looking women without makeup (except tribe colors on some), so don't know who is surprised by that

The 60fps mode means lowered/altered visual fidelity if that performance makes it to the final build.

maybe they can employ AMD's FSR to get higher framerates

The only aspect I didn't like was how it makes her look younger in HFW vs HZD.

Same. New look was odd as I was expecting older aloy. Guerrilla did probably the right thing here. In current climate trying to do another lara croft could run into cancel culture. This approach will allow different kind of (social)marketing and messaging versus lara croft like protagonist.

David Jaffe made one of those videos about berating everyone in the internet who"s pointing out the obvious difference in Alloy's looks.

He says the difference is only coming from devs experimenting with different camera apertures, which is what some supposed photographers told on reddit.
I don't see how that's true considering her face looks rounder even from larger distances. Besides, what's the point in using a fisheye lens in a cutscene?

David Jaffe made one of those videos about berating everyone in the internet who"s pointing out the obvious difference in Alloy's looks.

He says the difference is only coming from devs experimenting with different camera apertures, which is what some supposed photographers told on reddit.
I don't see how that's true considering her face looks rounder even from larger distances. Besides, what's the point in using a fisheye lens in a cutscene?

He's just wrong. Sometimes he's talking just to have YT views...

He's just wrong. Sometimes he's talking just to have YT views...
I've only started to watch him over about a month on and off now, seems like what you see is what you get with him.

But from what I heard him say, he was saying that reddit came up with an answer so they closed the thread.
Not sure he was saying he knew for definite that was the case.
His view was more so, why does it matter anyway. Why does it matter if she's fatter.

It matters to me, but purely as an insight into game development and why choices are made.
But that's not why its bothering others rightly or wrongly.

The video is good watch. Guerrilla claims a lot more extra detail on graphics for ps5. Sounds good!

Un this french interview he asked and They said fluid simulation is only available on PS5 not on PS4.

Peach fuzz only on PS5 too.

EDIT: More details on vegetations on PS5 than PS4 and more vegetation density too.

Mamy other details will be inferior on Ps4 than PS5.

EDIT: ON Gameinformer they said water physic simulation has much less details than on PS5.

Last edited:

Un this french interview he asked and They said fluid simulation is only available on PS5 not on PS4.

Peach fuzz only on PS5 too.

EDIT: More details on vegetations on PS5 than PS4 and more vegetation density too.

Mamy other details will be inferior on Ps4 than PS5.
Most gamers won't notice those additionnal details. It's not like the game on PS4 was lacking details as it was one of the most detailed open-world game already. This will be great for people spending time on photo-mode or screenshots counting the polygons.

For most others the game will be very similar to the PS4 game with the same framerate and its blurry mess in motion. Guerrilla do not get what next-gen is about.

EDIT: Apparently the game will have a 60fps mode! Great news. At 15:40 in the video

Last edited:
Back