Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by jayco, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

Nice to see the huge upgrade over UC4.
    And it's not even an open world game.

snc likes this.
  2. manux

Veteran Regular

We must be hitting those diminishing gains pretty hard if folks don't see difference between uncharted on ps4 and horizon on ps5. Or folks just use a potato quality stream to judge quality.

Silent_Buddha and Karamazov like this.
  3. TEEDA

Regular

I wish we could see more interactive foliage with the short grass and deformation with the sand in the sequence.
    Also noticed during the cutsene with the mamoth a change of lod with the grass near the end.
    probably gonna be fixed. Or already is.
    [​IMG]
    PC version of HZD added more foliage interaction than the base game.

Love the Jurrasic park easter egg here :

Clukos, PSman1700 and Nesh like this.
  4. manux

Veteran Regular

Water in the rivers has been upgraded significantly from the previous horizon. Also the waves rolling in the ocean and clouds are pretty dang nice. Looks like we also have clouds in lower altitude now. It's just that horizon does a zillion things instead of only one amazing thing. Devil is in details building up the whole.

Will be interesting to see how ps4 and ps4pro handle this title.

#404 manux, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Xen, Recop, chris1515 and 2 others like this.
  5. Recop

Veteran Newcomer

I agree but there's not a lot of competition at the same time.

This game + the new R&C are the best looking games right now and my personal preference goes to Horizon (visually).

6. Recop

Veteran Newcomer

Oh come on, people need to stop with Cyberpunk... this game is being constantly trolled on Internet due to its lack of polish + several bugs :

Some people really try too hard calling this game as the new Crysis while nobody believes it...

As for Horizon, i agree that it looks like a Pro++ version, but that's true for all next gen games as far i'm concerned.

Even ray tracing doesn't make a huge difference visually, no matter what marketing tries to tell us...

Xbat, Panino Manino and ToTTenTranz like this.
  7. SlmDnk

Regular

That's exactly what I was thinking the entire time while watching the video. So many things left to improve before release.

8. snc

snc
    Veteran Newcomer

its definitly big jump comparing to u4 but good example as both games not targeting very realistic colors/graphics, more like bautiful cgi style

Karamazov likes this.
  9. TEEDA

Regular

Can't get over how good the flowing hair underwater looks. Love that section.
    ALso will fish have AI ? joke.

[​IMG]

10. Phantom88

Newcomer

Its incosistent, yes. It doesnt change the fact that its the number 1 game on the market in regards to both visual output and the tech underneath it. Ray tracing of course makes an enourmous difference, depending on the game and its implementation. You just need working eyes, marketing has nothing to do with it

PSman1700 likes this.
  11. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran

Goddamit I want to play this now!

Isn't Aloy's face a little chubbier? Not uglier, but more baby-like?

Yes, it looks like Aloy "glows" in a way that doesn't always fit with the surroundings. Especially her hair.

12. manux

Veteran Regular

This is kind of the wrong thread for versus. It will get real bad once someone brings up halo and what kind of reception it's going to get if horizon is barely better than ps4 games,...

13. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran

Anyone thinking this is "barely better" than Zero Dawn is probably filling in the blanks on their memory of the first game.

Check out the timestamped comparisons. It's a generational leap.

iroboto, Daozang and manux like this.
  14. DSoup

DSoup Series Soup
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Surely Cyberpunk 2077 is 100% Polish? :cool:

Xbat, Recop, megre and 4 others like this.
  15. SumoSaki

Newcomer

Tons of polish required l keep seeing flaws from the first game they have not resolved. Very disappointed. As a game dev you can't those focus on getting the graphics/gameplay better, everything else around the game needs updating..

PSman1700 likes this.
  16. manux

Veteran Regular

That's exactly what guerrilla will be doing between now and release. Release probably being somewhere around November. Hopefully guerrilla doesn't go do cyberpunk with the release.

17. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

i think it's useless to compare HZD VS HZFW PS5, the interesting part will be HZFW PS4 VS PS5, because i'm sure on PS4 graphics will be better than HZD.

manux, Daozang and DSoup like this.
  18. manux

Veteran Regular

Will also be super interesting to see horizon 3 at some point. It will likely use ps5 as baseline and perhaps ps5 pro is out at that time. It's easy to forget these are games not offline renderers. Limitations apply, especially due to this game also working on ps4. For me graphics is non issue at his point. I'm sold on gameplay and story. I like story driven things and it looks like now aloy is much more part of the world with friends and clear(er) goal instead of being alone and lost in a huge world.

19. chris1515

Legend Regular

20. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

You can see it in her calves, she looks like she picked up some muscle. I do wish they kept her face a bit slimmer, I noticed it immediately in the trailer that she face looks chunkier(as in fatter not muscular). That said, I still think she looks pretty(maybe it's because I have a thing for red heads).

I am surprised no on caught that she seemed to walk on air in the beginning(2m38 in the video). I also noticed that immediately in the trailer.

upload_2021-5-28_18-23-19.png

upload_2021-5-28_18-23-59.png