Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I couldn’t spot any lod pop-in weird texture load or any transition artifact. That’s very impressive keeping in mind how much is going on on screen.

Perhaps it's just because I'm watching on a tiny phone screen but that looked mind blowingly good to me. Looking forward to seeing it on a big screen in the morning.

I'm only very slightly less impressed after watching it on the big screen, still looks gorgeous to me, easily some of the best graphics I've seen, probably beating out R&C IMO. Watching on a 21:9 monitor though with those big black bars either side obscuring all that gorgeous foliage just highlights how much a game like this is begging for ultrawide support. PS5 is really selling itself right now and I've not been this tempted to pick up a console since the Xbox 360 (which I bought).

I don’t know. In the end it’s a matter of taste. I find all the games you mentioned looking much much worse than this. Even recently realased resident evil game looks bad compared to this. Horizon was one of the best looking ps4 games and I am not surprised how good this looks.

I'm not sure how anyone can claim FS2020 looks "much worse" than anything. It's quite easily the pinnacle of photorealism in graphics right now (arguably apart from the UE5 demo). Not at all comparable to the art style of HFW though. And not really sure why the latest RE is being mentioned in the same sentence as some of those games!

Most disappointing was NO mention of a release date. Not even a 2021 or 2022, which may mean that they’re keeping their options open.

So no rt, just proof to my point that we still don’t need (yet) use rt to move graphics to next level (tough it was proven year ago by ue5 demo), I would even say that taking into sccount ps5/xsx rt possibilities rt just keep games on very similar level couse game has to still have same crossgen level of details to use rt and devs has buzz word and are happy that have nextgen mode even tough it change little (black ops, resident, tough in spiderman due to nature of skybuildongs it makes difference)

So no rt, just proof to my point that we still don’t need (yet) use rt to move graphics to next level (tough it was proven year ago by ue5 demo), I would even say that taking into sccount ps5/xsx rt possibilities rt just keep games on very similar level couse game has to still have same crossgen level of details to use rt and devs has buzz word and are happy that have nextgen mode even tough it change little (black ops, resident, tough in spiderman due to nature of skybuildongs it makes difference)

Lumen uses Software Ray Tracing through Signed Distance Fields by default, but can achieve higher quality on supporting video cards when Hardware Ray Tracing is enabled.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/RenderingFeatures/Lumen/TechOverview/

AC Valhalla is probably the best comparison. Open world, action RPG, Highly vegetative environments etc.

True, playing right now on XSX its day and night, i cant believe how far we come so quickly. In AC:V everything pops in as soon as camera moves a bit further.
If this is the taste of what is coming ... im not ready it looks to good for me :D

Gameplay looks like typical dumb and dull console stuff but Guerrilla's technology is great with the only exception being the almost non-existent foliage interaction physics.

Looks good.

Had kind of a ps2/3 era "Network of corridors" feel rather than a more open open world which i guess is a compromise for the PS4 version but the thing that really surprised me was the 30fps...
I thought for sure it also having a PS4 version would mean 60fps.

I guess trailers, screenshots and gifs on social media are still being prioritized.

Looks good.

Had kind of a ps2/3 era "Network of corridors" feel rather than a more open open world which i guess is a compromise for the PS4 version but the thing that really surprised me was the 30fps...
I thought for sure it also having a PS4 version would mean 60fps.

I guess trailers, screenshots and gifs on social media are still being prioritized.

Out of Demon's souls all first party exclusive used 30 fps mode for trailer and all have a performance 60 fps mode.

Yeah there are no 'corridors' in a game where you can almost climb everything. The trailer was obviously very carefully constructed as "perfect" gameplay.
A video of me playing the game would basically look like a mess, with me trying to find where the heck I'm supposed to go, dying a few times, going the wrong way, and maybe getting to the end of the mission - it wouldn't be great material for a tight 14min gameplay reveal.

Back