Horizon: Call of the Mountain [PSVR2]

tall order to fulfill. I'm pretty sure Half Life Alyx was really the first generational leap in VR. Curious to see if they mean a leap above that level or operating at that level.
Alyx was incredible in that everything in the world was manipulatable nearly.
big words for sure, btw alyx is also possible as psvr2 title

tall order to fulfill. I'm pretty sure Half Life Alyx was really the first generational leap in VR. Curious to see if they mean a leap above that level or operating at that level.
Alyx was incredible in that everything in the world was manipulatable nearly.

The few seconds of preview from call of the mountain graphically dont supersede HL Alyx's, i think. VR is basically requiring very high resolutions and resolutions. Were quite far from achieving true next gen for non-VR games, let alone for VR, on any platform.

big words for sure, btw alyx is also possible as psvr2 title
oh yea for sure. I don't think ti's that heavy of a title in terms of computational power required. More CPU than GPU imo. But the work they did on the engine to make everything work in VR is really where it shines. The physics, the objects etc. That's where the tech is. I'm just curious when they talk about elevating VR further, if they are talking more than just the 'surface' coating of graphics, are they referring to interactivity, or being able to walk around, some other control scheme that works without getting sick etc.

I'm just curious when they talk about elevating VR further, if they are talking more than just the 'surface' coating of graphics, are they referring to interactivity, or being able to walk around, some other control scheme that works without getting sick etc.
if you die in game you die in real life ;d

Back