Homeworld remastered

Oh I adored Homeworld. Will definitely be checking this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Really a lot depends how much of a remaster we're talking about.

It would be really easy for them to put too much gubbinses on the ships in an effort to HDise them & wind up spoiling the style.
On the other hand it needs a significant rework to be up to scratch.

A hard thing to get the right balance. I hope they get it right.

Hoping for some control/AI improvements, but concerned that could make the game too easy/hard.
Some actual difficulty settings would be nice.

Maybe I'll actually get round to finishing them one day...

So the Homeworld Remastered editions will come out the 25th of February.

Still waiting for reviews, this is Gearbox we are talking about ;)

Fuckit, it's Homeworld... :) I've got a pre-order for the limited edition since a couple months, if Gearbox manages to screw up again then they won't see a dime of my money in the future, but I think we're safe from horrific blunders in game design this time; this is a finished game we're getting. Not sure I dig the new and "improved" art style of the introduction, but the original is still there as well, so no biggie. Also, a bunch of the original devs are with the company these days, aren't they? That ought to ensure quality - at least to a degree, I'd think. :)

Actually, godrays are more a function of light scattering in dust particles I believe, and (tenuous) dust clouds exist in space, so... :)

Actually, godrays are more a function of light scattering in dust particles I believe, and (tenuous) dust clouds exist in space, so... :)
Hmm... I'm still pretty sure you don't normally see godrays in outer space. Call it a hunch :)

Hmm... I'm still pretty sure you don't normally see godrays in outer space. Call it a hunch :)

In an astronomical context it's quite common to see EM radiation from an obscured source scattered into our line-of-sight by dust or gas.

We don't see too many armadas shooting each other up in space either, and even so that also exists in this video game, yet I don't see you making any fuss over it... :LOL:

Back