Holy retarded game executives, Batman! (A.K.A. DeadlyNinja <3 'Mortal Kombat VS DCU')

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DeadlyNinja, Apr 18, 2008.

1. DeadlyNinja

Veteran

Holy retarded game executives, Batman! (A.K.A. DeadlyNinja </3 Mortal Kombat VS DCU)

See if you can guess what this game is about.

[​IMG]

#1 DeadlyNinja, Apr 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2008
  2. vazel

Regular

omg. omg.

OMFG.

please tell me that's a photoshop joke. PLEASE.

3. Darkon

Regular

subzero vs DC

sold

Edit

So wait it's for the Wii, no thanks then

4. DeadlyNinja

Veteran

I'm going to have to brutally rape your childhood now.

http://www.worldscollide.com/

5. one

one Unruly Member
    Veteran

Batman Decapitated?

6. Scott_Arm

Legend

Trailer says 360 and PS3.

I guess they had Marvel vs Capcom and now DC wants to cash in on that idea, just a decade late. I have very low expectations of this game. Do they even make good fighting games anymore?

7. DeadlyNinja

Veteran

Heeeeeeey, who the heck modded my original subject title? :cry::cry::evil:

BTW, this game will NOT include Fatalities. I mean, really, they killed the only incentive I have to play this game -- seeing Superman crush Wonder Woman's breasts with his super strength.

I'd bite if it was Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter.

#7 DeadlyNinja, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2008
  8. Scott_Arm

Legend

Agreed. I haven't played a game in either series since ..... ummm, 10+ years ago, but I'd go for Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. Hell, Jackie Chan is finally done a movie with Jet Li, even though it's twenty years too late and probably shit.

9. Farid

Farid Artist formely known as Vysez
    Veteran Subscriber

Well, you know, we have a policy that requires thread titles to be informative.

I'm definitely not against joke titles every once in a while, especially in the Console Games forum, as long as the topic is edited into the title after a while. And in this case the question featured in the OP got answered quickly and proper talk about the (incredible) game started. Thus this called for an edit of the title!

And going by the thread so far, I think the title suits the discussion quite fine, DN. :mrgreen:

Of course it will not. Warner Bros would never allow that to happen, their DC comics IPs are too valuable to be mixed into a potential PR shitstorm involving every -as opportunistic as they are clueless- pundits out there.

As far as gruesome go... Since Midway introduced stuff like Babilities, Animalities, etc in old MK games. I would have more imagined Ed Boon's team keeping up with the Web 2.0 generation and introducing some new -ilities. Maybe something involving Wonder Woman, Zatanna and some sort of container, like a cup, I don't know.

10. Farid

Farid Artist formely known as Vysez
    Veteran Subscriber

The fighting game equivalent of Jackie Chan making a movie with Jet Li would be Capcom making a game with SNK.

And that happened already with Capcom VS SNK, Capcom VS SNK 2, SVC Chaos: SNK VS Capcom and some card games on handhelds.

11. V3

V3
    Veteran

MK Vs SF the movie, the return of digitised graphics, now in HD.

With Yoda and Vader in SC4, nothing suprise me anymore.

Maybe one day Nintendo will make Smash Brothers with all heroes ever created, from Marvel, DC to Star Wars and other videogames franchises like SF, VF, DOA, KoF, Rachet, etc.

12. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

I don't care what you guys say, but I'm buying this game. Just for having Batman(and a non-cartoon Batman at that). Can't wait to get this one!

Tommy McClain

13. Scott_Arm

Legend

I remember those games, but I think back when Mortal Kombat 2 and SFII were out, having those characters square off would have been the pinnacle of fighting games.

14. Rangers

Legend

I actually do think this is a good move, it certainly got people talking, and probably breathed new life into a stale franchise.

That said, I wasn't impressed with the trailer graphics. Maybe I'm getting used to this gen's graphics too much, because it looked exactly like I expected Mortal Kombat to look, rather than "wow this is MK in next gen!". I'm sure my memory is playing tricks on me, but it seems to look just like the Xbox game.

BTW, the problem with fatalities isn't controversy avoidance so much (although that probably plays a part), but the same thing that keeps some car makers from allowing damage to their models. DC cant very well have Batman getting his head ripped off..

15. "Nerve-Damage"

Regular

I'm so buying this. :shock:

16. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Exactly. And they also can't very well let Batman or Superman kill another opponnent either. It would completely go against what the characters stand for. So in this instance I say it was a good call.

Tommy McClain

17. DeadlyNinja

Veteran

I know the first thing that came to my mind was Superman performing a fatality. That was one of the biggest WTF moments when I found out about this game. I guess it is better to just leave them out than to deal with the negative backlash of Superman killing someone.

18. I.S.T.

Veteran

...I hate you. I got a mental image of that when I read that post.

Fuck you, Internet(For it conceived the abomination of God known as 2girls1cup), fuck you.

19. Dominik D

Regular

Polish magazine NEO Plus got some new pics and... OMG. This looks sweet!
    [​IMG]

//edit
    It's also on MKOnline in hi-res:
    http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/
    This render looks great. I like the art style of this game. :)

#19 Dominik D, May 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2008
  20. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

In Smallville on Sunday, Lex Luthor's manufactured super-soldier died after Clark heat-ray'd him which surprised me.