Holy Cow, what does No Mercy look like?

DemoCoder

Veteran
Unbelievable footage from an AC-130 gunship in Afghanistan leveling the enemy, and when I say leveling, I mean it. Using infrared, they track down and kill every last enemy personel who survive the initial assault, even if they are on the ground, hurt and crawling, including hitting them directly with explosive artillery after they are already downed. The final shot is of a guy running as he gets hit point blank with a devastating explosion, and I swear, you can see chunks on fire flying. You also see them firing artillery directly into a cave entrance.

It's hard to believe all the explosions and damage you see are coming from a single plane, since it looks even more devastating than carpet bombing.

The video is too low quality to see the gatling in action, but I'm pretty sure I saw a picket truck get shredded by either the gatling gun or the Vulcan cannon.
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/121622.shtml

pic of plane mentioned above:
ac-130-0430-2.jpg

source:http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ac-130.htm

later,

DemoCoder said:
Unbelievable footage from an AC-130 gunship in Afghanistan leveling the enemy, and when I say leveling, I mean it. Using infrared, they track down and kill every last enemy personel who survive the initial assault, even if they are on the ground, hurt and crawling, including hitting them directly with explosive artillery after they are already downed. The final shot is of a guy running as he gets hit point blank with a devastating explosion, and I swear, you can see chunks on fire flying. You also see them firing artillery directly into a cave entrance.

It's hard to believe all the explosions and damage you see are coming from a single plane, since it looks even more devastating than carpet bombing.

The video is too low quality to see the gatling in action, but I'm pretty sure I saw a picket truck get shredded by either the gatling gun or the Vulcan cannon.
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/121622.shtml

The footage is almost as scary as how you sound - thoroughly enjoying the "chunks on fire flying." It belittles humanity that the death of people (terrorists, combatants, non-combatants, mercenaries - whateve you want to call them) is being streamed across the internet as some form of entertainment.

There is a difference between enjoyment and awe. I did not "enjoy" the twin towers falling, but I was awe-shocked by the footage of the building crumbling, of people jumping out the windows, running from debris clouds, windows being shattered, people coated with dust, etc

If I had said "Holyshit, in this twin towers video, you can see people on fire jumping out the window, bouncing off the building, and hear them smack into the ground!" do you think I am giddy with glee over it?

Frankly, mass destruction is something we do not normally see, whether it is a tornado or carpet bombing, and if you don't think people aren't awed by such raw display of power, you are in denial. Why do people like disaster films? Earthquakes? Tsunamis? Meteors.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with war, this AC-130 gunship video is something most people have seen before, and the raw destructive firepower may shock some people. It's one thing to see still pictures of jets and aircraft, it's another thing to see them live.

I guess I wasn't terribly impressed. I always thought the AC-130 had more immediate firepower. It seemed most of the damage was done with the howizter, and not the vulcan.

Not that it wasn't effective, I just had in my mind something more effective.

(p.s. if I know its a AC-130 after me, I'll know to zigzag. The gunner had to lead the target by quite a ways to hit them) ;)

Back