Hogwarts Legacy [PS4, 4PRO, PS5, XO, XOX, XBSX|S, PC]

Looks amazing, really technically accomplished holy crap.

It's a shame I can't buy it or contribute to it but damn does it look great

cjb7hn.jpg

a4psgs.jpg

Looks like 16Gb/8GB VRAM (maybe even 10) is being pushed out of Ultra settings at 1440p, possibly even at 1080p?
I'm not sure the GPU VRAM is a consideration there for the requirements. They should be minimums for performance characteristics of the GPUs, so the assumption would be a 3070 should meet the requirements for Ultra. If there were truly VRAM minimums you're alluding to, one would hope they would be listed in addition to the RAM.

Makes me really curious to see what this game is like on last gen consoles. It's nothing special visually so those requirements are probably just a lousy DX12 implementation at work.

Actually said
support multiple graphical modes of play, the most common of which are Fidelity mode which runs at 30 fps, and Performance mode which targets 60 fps.
So will be interesting to see what that translates to. Mentions VRR support so maybe just unlocked framerates.

So will be interesting to see what that translates to. Mentions VRR support so maybe just unlocked framerates.
Pretty much all the footage WB have included in their gameplay's reveals and tutorials has been disclosed as coming from a PS5 devkit - they mention this every time when they do something like quickly change seasons.

I expect the Series X / PS5 versions will be pretty solid.

The preview are very positive

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. I think they have done a stellar job of creating Hogwarts, the surrounding area and the audio and music also sounds great so it all rests on the core game mechanics, variety of activities and the story.

According to PlayStation GameSize on Twitter, the review embargo date and time for Hogwarts Legacy is 04:00 PST, 07:00 EDT, and 12:00 GMT on February 6th.

Back