Hitman 3: Death Awaits (IO Interactive) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional for the most important contracts of his entire career in HITMAN 3, the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy. Available in January 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC. Visit http://www.hitman.com

Does it? I know so little about it. I still haven't even started the second one, I must have bought it for cheap and never started it.

That game definitely should have ray tracing.

considering their engine already features a robust planar reflection system, I imagine the actual shading of RT samples will come at little overhead for them.

Last gen will have some key dynamic reflections at hand placed spots, and new gen can have perfect reflections everywhere. Nice.

Last edited:
considering their engine already features a robust planar reflection system, I imagine the actual shading of RT samples will come at little overhead for them.

Last gen will have some key dynamic reflections at hand placed spots, and new gen can have perfect reflections everywhere. Nice.
They have announced some form of RT with the Intel partnership no?

I don't know of that. But just by going off of how much attention they've already paid to proper dynamic reflections on their previous games, I'd assume adding RT features to their engine is among their priorities.
https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-intel-hitman3/

Together with Intel, we are working to optimize the game for launch and beyond, with updates, tweaks and improvements coming throughout 2021 that will improve the experience of playing on a high-end PC and multi-core CPUs.

These optimizations include enhancing HITMAN 3 for PC players with 8+ core CPUs, for example you’ll be able to spot more crowds in Dubai or experience more complex destructibility in Dartmoor. We’re also introducing Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a technique that allows us to prioritize GPU resources where they have the biggest impact. On top of that, we will also implement Ray Tracing after the launch of the game, later in 2021.

Hitman 3 is the highly anticipated finale to IO Interactive’s expansive World of Assassination Trilogy that began back in Hitman 2016. The game will take Agent 47 on an adventure across the globe as he eliminates the leaders of a menacing secret society, and his journey begins atop the tallest skyscraper in the world. As part of our exclusive coverage of the game, you can now watch the first 5 minutes of Hitman 3’s opening Dubai mission, during which Agent 47 descends upon The Sceptre.

Please note that this Hitman 3 gameplay was captured on PC by Game Informer.

There's some teething problems that the devs are working through regarding the importing from the earlier 1 and 2 games, from what I caught in passing elsewhere. Thats the only negative thing I see so far.

They've found their formula, its their third interation of it. I see very little podsibility of this going wrong. Good for them. Its a great game.

Back