Hightech powered by ATi

MuFu

Chief Spastic Baboon
Veteran
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd2JyYW5k&mfr_uid=371

Just noticed that lot have popped up on ebuyer. What's the deal with this company? They look decent and seem to be targetting the UK market rather aggressively. Their 9800 Pro comes avec un petit snowblower...

iceq98pro_s.jpg

9800 for ~£200 as well, not bad.

MuFu.

MuFu said:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd2JyYW5k&mfr_uid=371

Just noticed that lot have popped up on ebuyer. What's the deal with this company? They look decent and seem to be targetting the UK market rather aggressively. Their 9800 Pro comes avec un petit snowblower...

9800 for ~£200 as well, not bad.

MuFu.

That's the Arctic Cooling "VGA Silencer" cooler. You can get them in the UK for about 17 quid. There's a thread on them
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8029&highlight=vga+silencer

Yeah, I remember that thread (nice to see US guys asking about something available in Europe for a change!).

I only just noticed that Hightech are HIS, doh. The "HIS" logos all over the place are a bit of a hint. :LOL:

MuFu.

I wouldn't say they were particularily cheap as prices are ex Vat. Their 9800Pro even at 80+ volume is still £256.85 pu yet you can buy a Powercolor 9800Pro for £226 delivered, add £15.50 for the Arctic VGA Silencer = £241.50 delivered.

Up until a couple of days ago their 9800XT was £587!!!

Still... £207inc for a 9800 is pretty good.

MuFu.

heh... £212.67 delivered but that doesn't have the Arctic VGA Silencer (which works very well I might add)..... and for those where money is just burning a hole in their pockets there's the 9800Pro 128mb without the Arctic VGA silencer for a bargain price of .... £433.44 heheheh

I think I'll skip on that deal this month ;)

THe_KELRaTH said:
...there's the 9800Pro 128mb without the Arctic VGA silencer for a bargain price of .... £433.44 heheheh

I don't quite understand that - £150 more than the 9800 Pro 128MB with the VGA Silencer, also retail boxed. :?

MuFu.

Anyone know about the noise level of that cooler (as compared to stock cooler)? I understand it has variable fanspeeds, correct?

MuFu said:
I don't quite understand that - £150 more than the 9800 Pro 128MB with the VGA Silencer, also retail boxed. :?

MuFu.

I suppose this is one of those online pricing errors again just this time it's not in our favour!

Ollo.. Low speed - can't hear anything, high speed there's a very faint whooshing sound (when I get up close). The Arctic graphic demonstration doesn't really do it justice as although at full speed it maybe the same db it's at a much lower tone.
I recommend their CPU & system cooling fans too, again very quiet - probably due to Arctic fans using Hydro Suspension Bearings.

Ollo said:
Anyone know about the noise level of that cooler (as compared to stock cooler)? I understand it has variable fanspeeds, correct?

It has two settings - quiet and very quiet. Both are inaudiable outside my case. It has a much smoother tone without the slight "whir" of the stock fan on my 9700 Pro. Seems to keep the card and the inside of the case much cooler.

Back