hidden checkboxes in ccc

Davros

Legend
I loaded up CCC and something I hadn't noticed before flashed up then disapeared (only seems to happen when the desktop is in eyefinty mode) Couldnt quitemake it out so I tried to screenshot it but kept missing
so i videoed it and screenshotted the from the video

CCC normal page
RFikRzl.jpg

This page flashes up for a brief while
Jhx1ll1.jpg

Still waiting for the driver uninstaller to actually UNINSTALL ANYTHING. How long have they been making PC graphics cards now and can't get a fucking uninstaller right?

Ahh, the installer.
It really saddens me that people who are supposed to be some of the best available come up with something inferior than I could make using nothing more than notepad and batch files.

Ah yes fucking lazy devs!

In reality, it is a case that the devs are not allowed to waste time on something that works (from the managent viewpoint).

Sorry what exactly is the issue there? It strikes me that this may just be the appearance of the page before data is populated. The application settings are likely stored in a separate XML file (they are certainly separate because they are user editable) and is may just take time to populate dependant on the speed of the harddrive/system/number of profiles, etc.

No issue, just found it interesting
It strikes me that this may just be the appearance of the page before data is populated
you really think a delay in reading 3 profiles from a ssd would create a search box and 2 api checkboxes? Items that are not present anywhere in ccc

Its more likely this is either this is an abandoned feature that should of been removed but in typical amd fashion someones decided "oh just leave it there"
see the amd installer issue.
Or its a future planned addition thats not ready yet and your guys have failed to hide it

In reality, it is a case that the devs are not allowed to waste time on something that works (from the managent viewpoint).
I rarely blame devs. I blame development culture in a given company. Or lack thereof.

No, I'm pretty sure it's corporate incompetence involved here, if it'd just been devs it would eventually have been fixed one day, after managers or programmers have been rotated enough inside the company. To consistently have non-functional uninstaller year after year after year, decade in and decade out, that takes something else...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you offend Wavey at some point in the past Grall?

I think he's behind it but somehow it's ultimately your fault.

I wasn't speaking about Wavey. I don't know the guy and I'm sure he's not the only person working at AMD graphics division.

AMD's catalyst driver uninstaller is infamously poorly executed. Everybody knows this. Basically it leaves everything right where it is on the drive, it doesn't even remove the old installation files or nothing. Just stating facts here, nothing personal.

CCC do have lots of hidden setting. You can enable all of them by editing the .inf for driver and disable windows driver eforcement.

my laptop is using ATi Mobility 5700 that rebranded to 6500. But they decided to hide so much setting. Luckily all of them can be made available by editin the .inf.

of course featues that not supported by hardware will show but unusable.For example, i can make MLAA option visible in my PC with Radeon HD 4770 but if i enable it, the MLAA wont work and game flickers like mad.

then i found out that RadeonPro also can enable those setting without editing .inf file :/

I installed the AMD driver on a friend's Linux Mint 17 (just go to the "driver manager" and click a radio button, then let the hamsters run their wheels). It's Catalyst 13.5 I think.

I don't like the drive panel very much but I'm unfamiliar with it and have no other computer to get friends with it. What pisses me is I'm stuck at 60Hz and can't find where the option is (need to enable 100Hz on this computer, which has 2014 hardware and a very good monitor from 2001). Note that open source driver let me stuck at 60Hz too, and I had to write a script with xrandr --this, xrandr --that and make it run on startup.
I probably have to modifiy the script, suspecting the outputs are named simply differently.

Anyway that's a linux thing

What you are seeing there is the Crossfire appliccations profile setting.. ( who let you use specific appliccations profile as you want when you are creating your own game profile.

For an unkown reason, it load when you are open the CCC on your setup... ( not happend in my case anyway ). I can imagine some profiles are used too for Eyefinity setup and in your case they flash one second. ( or you have pinned the setting by error, a registry line who are still there, or well i dont know )

I installed the AMD driver on a friend's Linux Mint 17 (just go to the "driver manager" and click a radio button, then let the hamsters run their wheels). It's Catalyst 13.5 I think.

I don't like the drive panel very much but I'm unfamiliar with it and have no other computer to get friends with it. What pisses me is I'm stuck at 60Hz and can't find where the option is (need to enable 100Hz on this computer, which has 2014 hardware and a very good monitor from 2001). Note that open source driver let me stuck at 60Hz too, and I had to write a script with xrandr --this, xrandr --that and make it run on startup.
I probably have to modifiy the script, suspecting the outputs are named simply differently.

Anyway that's a linux thing

Cant you create a new profile for your monitor, with the res and add the hz needed, then choose it ( on TV panel )? ...... An other way will maybe be to find a software like CRU who will let you add a specific monitor profile to the driver ( with the 100hz ) and then use it in CCC. but i dont know if a version exist for Linux. Sorry i dont really use Linux, so i dont know how his their panel..

CCC do have lots of hidden setting. You can enable all of them by editing the .inf for driver and disable windows driver eforcement.

my laptop is using ATi Mobility 5700 that rebranded to 6500. But they decided to hide so much setting. Luckily all of them can be made available by editin the .inf.

of course featues that not supported by hardware will show but unusable.For example, i can make MLAA option visible in my PC with Radeon HD 4770 but if i enable it, the MLAA wont work and game flickers like mad.

then i found out that RadeonPro also can enable those setting without editing .inf file :/

You dont need to edit the . inf, you open the registry of windows goes to your gpu folder and you get all the function available there (including to change the core / memory speed on different powersaving phase, ULPS, non enabled setting by default, fan rpm speed, etc etc )... or use RadeonPro as you said ( RadeonPro is extremely complete anyway, with AA supplementary modes, dynamic refresh rate, SweetFX for AMD directly available etc etc ) .. Only touch the *.inf if you want to mod the driver...

Im sorry for some comment, i use both Nvidia and AMD gpu's ( laptop and desktop ), offtly configure pc with Nvidia gpu's for friend, family, and maybe because im used to the CCC, i find it pretty clear and easy to use compared to Nvidia ones.

Anyway, we know that it seems the CCC will be largely revisited really soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back