Hi-Rez Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Videos (E32K4)

Bohdy

Regular
Here are some amazing new videos of Prime 2 in action:

Theatrical Press-conf trailer
Other Trailer

Gameplay 1
Gameplay 2
Gameplay 3
Gameplay 4
Gameplay 5
Gameplay 6
Gameplay 7
Gameplay 8
Gameplay 9
Gameplay 10
Gameplay 11
Gameplay 12
Gameplay 13
Gameplay 14
Gameplay 15

I'm not exactly sure that is the right order though :oops:

Discuss!

I think that the game seems to be much more "advanced" than the first one; everything seems to be much more polished including the lighting :)shock:), the enemies, and the gameplay. The environments are much more detailed now and more "organic", and the new (for Metroid ;-)) light/dark gameplay seems very promising!

*bohdy tips his hat to Eagle-Vision and Ign
Thanks for enabling me to post these videos! :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Bohdy said:
*bohdy tips his hat to Eagle-Vision and Ign
Thanks for enabling me to post these videos! :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Hehe, I'm not even Insider. I just modified the URL's thanks to a guy in a Spanish forum that post the link to the Hi-Res RE4 Trailer xD. BTW. Do you know how to modify the PS2 media URL's? I couldn't :(

You would probably need someone to post a real Ps2 media url, and go from there, like we did with the cube ones 8) (assuming that they use a similar format)

V. nice stuffs!

I spoiled myself far more than I usually like to do, but this is one of my most anticipated titles.

Dunno really if it's really more detailed etc than the original because the original was just INSANE on the details. Of course, with the dark enemy blobs floating around and extra sfxes, it's possible they may have had to tone down on the geometry to compensate. What I saw in those movies didn't seem to live up to the level of detail of the Chozo Ruins level in the original game.

Won't say for sure though before I had the chance to study it closely. It does seem to give the little cube a good workout though. Like I said, v. nice.

Not many posts talking about this game..... :?

Its quite remarkable when a game of this caliber gets overlooked in favour of other games. :oops: Quite an E3 this has been!

I think Nintendo out-did themselves with Zelda this year. People are probably very excited about MP2 but the bitterness when WW was released has been lifted with the latest Zelda news so it seems many more people are focusing their attention there instead.

I don't doubt MP2, RE4, SF, and Zelda will all rock the house when they're finally released so in the end, per usual, gamers win.

Perhaps a lack of detail increase has more to do with not wanting to have to tone it down to much for multiplayer?

Can't wait for that game, just hope they didn't sacrifice the solo experience for multiplayer, which I don't care at all.

And yeah, can't wait for Zelda either, but I wonder if I'm the only one that will miss "celda", it was a marvelous game. I wish they did make at least another one with the same look, too bad, can't have everything I guess.

Lots of new Info: http://cube.ign.com/articles/515/515494p1.html

For people doubting a graphical difference:
One of the other things that we're trying is making the environments larger -- environments that have larger polygon counts and larger traversal areas for players to explore. We're using a lot of new graphic techniques including indirect texturing, especially in the Dark World.
I like this part also:
Q: Any plans to introduce a dual-analog control setup for simultaneous movement and aim in Metroid Prime 2?

A: When we released Metroid Prime, we did get some feedback with people saying, "Why didn't you make this dual-analog control?" They said that what we did was not how first-person shooters were supposed to work. We replied that we didn't make a first-person shooter -- we made Metroid. That's what we decided and that's what we're staying with.
8)

Imo the graphical improvement might not be so obvious but when you factor in all of the little improvements it might turn out to be quite significant. I think that there might even be a little bump-mapping in there this time (not sure).

Back