hi Netherlands! is Bol.com trusted webstore?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
hello,
i saw that bol.com have stuff that i want and it also listed on VATfree.com. So i can get VAT refund.

It seems this webstore is good, but does it can be trusted?
Do you have good/bad experience buying from them?

thank you.

faux edit:
planning to get a PS4 and Vita after E3 2014, lets play some game together :D

all PS4 games can be REMOTE PLAY to VITA right? i dont have a TV >_<
and Sony had not updated their Remote Play PC to work with PS4 :(

Pretty much a Dutch version of Amazon so yes, it's perfectly safe to order something from there.

Anyway I thought you didn't have any cash?

thanks, awesome :)

yeah very limited cash but i'm gonna buy it from bank account i have been saving for yeeeeeeeeeeeears.

i was saving it for PS4 or Xbox 720 (before it named as "one" ugh) and Oculus Rift (whenever it released). But i think i will divert that saving to PS4 and a Vita :D

all PS4 games can be REMOTE PLAY to VITA right? i dont have a TV >_<

Yeah, all games remote play to the Vita, but only some are worth playing this way. I'd suggest not getting a Vita for the moment and buy a TV instead.

Using the rear touchpad for buttons is not great and renders FPSs unplayable, especially in multiplayer. I've only played Indies and Lego Marvel on the Vita.

Also, frame rate is dropped to 30.

bol.com is fine, but can be crazy expensive for some items, notably Sony first party games, which have gotten a markup as much as 20 euro over what you can buy in a mediamarkt retail outlet (!).

In the Netherlands, you can also just order from amazon.co.uk or amazon.de, even with postage it's often priced competitively.

Can't you just waltz to Guerilla Games office and ask for a free copy of Killzone? And probably the console to play it? :D
How much is the price of PS4 in Holland or anywhere in Europe after you remove the tax? Is it equivalent to $400?

Btw, why Netherlands named Netherlands? Why not Dutch? Holland? Basically the country is Netherlands, the people (and language and everything else) is Dutch, but sometimes (most of the times) Dutch people is being referred to as Hollander, sometimes the country can be called Holland or Dutch. Of course Indonesian call them Belanda.

Btw, why Netherlands named Netherlands? Why not Dutch? Holland? Basically the country is Netherlands, the people (and language and everything else) is Dutch, but sometimes (most of the times) Dutch people is being referred to as Hollander, sometimes the country can be called Holland or Dutch. Of course Indonesian call them Belanda.

It's all historical nonsense. We in the Netherlands are a little less confusing: we are called 'Nederlanders', we live in 'Nederland' and we speak 'Nederlands'.

Holland is very old, and while it is sometimes used to refer to the Netherlands even in our native language, that's only when it suits some need (e.g. it fits better in a soccer chant). We have 12 provinces, two of which are called Noord Holland and Zuid Holland. Those two provinces do contain most of the big cities though.

Using the rear touchpad for buttons is not great and renders FPSs unplayable, especially in multiplayer. I've only played Indies and Lego Marvel on the Vita.

Also, frame rate is dropped to 30.

thanks, thats seems fine.

i already clumsy in console gamepad :D
cant shoot anything with stick, need a mouse.

30 fps also fine as long as its stable

@arwin
if i order from amazon i wont get additional import tax?
btw mediamarkt Netherland online store did not sell PS4 :(

@Rurouni
before coming here i was thinking to visit their office but now the university stuff getting more busy and i'm not sure anymore.

at least there's "gameshop twente" near the place i live. They have all kinds of retro stuff in 2nd floor. Gotta get photos some time :D

All stores in NL have run out of PS4, amazon.co.uk is your best bet. No additional import tax within the EU.

It's all historical nonsense. We in the Netherlands are a little less confusing: we are called 'Nederlanders', we live in 'Nederland' and we speak 'Nederlands'.

Holland is very old, and while it is sometimes used to refer to the Netherlands even in our native language, that's only when it suits some need (e.g. it fits better in a soccer chant). We have 12 provinces, two of which are called Noord Holland and Zuid Holland. Those two provinces do contain most of the big cities though.

How about Dutch? Is that name given by another country?

How about Dutch? Is that name given by another country?

Yes. It's basically a mistake, because the German word for the German language is 'Deutsch'. So it's very confusing for foreigners, in our experience ;).

We have 12 provinces, two of which are called Noord Holland and Zuid Holland. Those two provinces do contain most of the big cities though.
Interesting that in a country that's only about the size of a beach towel sum total, you manage to fit 12 provinces, and out of those 12, two house most big cities. ...Meaning the remaining 10 provinces have to be the size of a postage stamp each, pretty much. :)

Interesting that in a country that's only about the size of a beach towel sum total, you manage to fit 12 provinces, and out of those 12, two house most big cities. ...Meaning the remaining 10 provinces have to be the size of a postage stamp each, pretty much. :)

Nope, but you can see very clearly that there is a peak in population density in those two provinces. ;)

BevolkinsdichtheidNederland.png

Yes. It's basically a mistake, because the German word for the German language is 'Deutsch'. So it's very confusing for foreigners, in our experience ;).

it's not a mistake at all; Dutch refers to a form of 'Niederdeutsch' (as opposed to the now widely spoken 'Hochdeutsch' in Germany. So both names (Deutsch and Dutch) refer to a different offspring of a common ancestral language.

is this misunderstanding similar with

"Bahasa Indonesia" instead of "Indonesian" when choosing language like "English" "American English" etc

?

it's not a mistake at all; Dutch refers to a form of 'Niederdeutsch' (as opposed to the now widely spoken 'Hochdeutsch' in Germany. So both names (Deutsch and Dutch) refer to a different offspring of a common ancestral language.

German comes from Old Germanic, and that's the same language Dutch originated from. Point is, German is now the language that Germans speak, and Dutch the language the Dutch speak. In that sense it's not so confusing, but considering that Germany is called Deutschland and they call their language Deutsch, and the Dutch call their country Nederland and their language Nederlands (and so do the Germans, basically, and the french as well 'Les Pays-Bas', 'Neerlandais'), it's just not a great choice of words from our perspective. ;) Basically most languages except English get it right.

But perhaps mistake is an overstatement.;)

that's funny, since most French have no idea what you are talking about if you say 'neerlandais', but will immediately understand what you mean when you say 'hollandais'.

Most names of countries and languages have historical origin that might not necessarily be accurate today; 'Dutch' is not exception in that way. For example, the French call Germany 'Allemagne' and the language 'Allemand', after the Germanic Alemanni tribe, that was resident in the south of Germany...

Another example: The English name for Deutschland, Germany, originates from Germania which included a lot more territory than today's Germany.

Back