Help with video game indentification

inlimbo

Newcomer
I started playing ff8 for the second time. Or i thought i was. Now i have a memory of a game that i cant identify and i dont remember too many details.
I feel like youd know what im talking about

I wanna say the graphics are ps1/early ps2 quality. I remember the game starting with a woman waking up in a small room. Shes been in a coma or some weird stasis for years.
She doesnt know where she is or what happened, but the doctor taking care of her, or
A lawyer or someone tells her she has this insane debt that would take lifetimes to pay off (because shes been asleep for so long). Then aale
Character is introduced as well and i think i remember a flashback to a car crash which might have been what happened to the woman? Does this ring any bells
Or am i remembering an old dream... I feel like there were camera angles/isometric
Sprites similar to ff7/ff8 but sleeker so thats why i thought it was ff8.
i'm starting to think i dreamt up this game but i have this super distinct memory of a small rectangular two-room hospital with a camera in the corner of a ceiling looking down. this girl wakes up and has no idea what happened and i think the doctor is really surprised she woke up and then she finds out she's been asleep for a long time and then she gets a letter telling her that she's accrued like millions of dollars of interest and i think that may be the driving part of the intital narrative

A friend of mine on another board asked me for help identifying this game and those are excerpts from the messages he sent me. I can recognize pieces of what he's describing in other games - The Misadventures of Tron Bonne especially, Syberia kinda, Galerians even less so - but nothing that fits it completely. Yet it still feels eerily familiar for whatever reason. Anyone have any ideas? I spent last night digging through a list of titles MobyGames has tagged with female protagonists, but got nowhere except a few obscure Japan-only releases that almost fit, like Another Mind, but that couldn't be this game.

That story line is straight from Cowboy Bebop - it's the basic back story of Faye Valentine, except that the bill is a hospital bill and the additional fact that she didn't age. It sounds like a rip-off of the concept, so it definitely sounds like a late 90's/early 00's Japanese RPG, but not very many of those would even be released outside of Japan.

The other possibility is that he's merging a vague visual memory of a game with a story line from Cowboy bebop... I guess if he watched it around the same time as some old game like ff8 it could be pretty likely.

Yep Cowboy Bebop came immediately to my mind reading the description, no clue whether any game copied it...

Yeah, I don't know why Faye Valentine didn't hit me earlier. Distinct possibility it's just a mixed memory.

Back