help! How do I make the forum fonts larger?

Aerows

Regular
My laptop's native resolution is 1040X1050. IE's text size will not work at all on the forum. I have to turn the resolution down to 800X600 just to make it legible, and yes, I have the dpi turned up to 150% in any case, just so normal text is okay at native res. I there any way to make the fonts bigger? At least I turned on black/orange so I could see it better, but I would like to be able to control the font size (without some annoying solution like have to change dpi, reboot, and then change it back when I wanted to do something else).

Thanks in advance.

I can't help you with Internet Exploder but with Netscape you use "View->TextSize" and choose an absolute size or, alternatively, use CRTL+ to make it larger.

Simon, please let's not get into a Netscape vs. IE debate. I didn't ask for help to get into a browser war. My question was how can I make the forum fonts larger, and in IE, changing the text size does nothing. If anyone can help, I'd certainly appreciate it.

TIA

caffeinated said:
Simon, please let's not get into a Netscape vs. IE debate. I didn't ask for help to get into a browser war.
Did I say IE was rubbish? I don't use IE so the next best thing, in order to help you, was to describe how you do it in Netscape on the off-chance that the same procedure would apply to IE.

It would appear, however, to be some incompatibility between the HTML/Stylesheets (?) and IE. I wnder if someone with Opera could test the forum?

I believe IE6 has a page zoom feature? For broken sites (like xbitlabs) which insist using 3-point fonts I'll just use the "Text Zoom" feature (I'm wondering why they do this - maybe they think small fonts save bandwidth :D), I don't want to mess around with font configuration just because of broken sites.
I agree however this appears to be some sort of style-sheet problem. I also believe that if the font size is specified in pixels which appears to be the case in this forum (which, btw, I'd consider broken layout) then adjusting the font size in IE (and maybe other browsers) won't change anything.
If IE6 doesn't have a zoom feature, there could be some 3rd party add-on which has (there's a bazillion of 3rd party add-ons available for IE, you can install them all and you're still not even close to the functionality other browsers offer - sorry couldn't resist :p)

Back