Help Choosing cell phone

Sxotty

Legend
I am about to get a new cell carrier and I would like a decent phone.

I want bluetooth and I want an mp3 player so I can use the phone while exercising or something similar.

I have a whole list and I was hoping youguys could help me out by telling me if you have personal experience with such an effort and if you know of any issues with any of the given phones.

The phones I am choosing between are
Samsung MM-A900 $99.99
• Bluetooth Wireless Technology
• $199.99 upfront with $100 mail in rebate
• EVDO Capable
• Multimedia, TV capable
• 1.3 mega pixel camera
• Sprint Power Vision Network-enabled

Samsung a920 $99.99
• EVDO Capable
• Bulit in Camera
• Bluetooth Wireless Technology
• Memory Card Slot
• Speakerphone

Sanyo 8400 $99.99
• $129.99 upfront with a $30 rebate
• Bluetooth and Ready Link capable
• MP3 Player
• Wireless Backup
• Micro SD card slotGPS enabled
• 1.3 MP Camera
• Sprint EVDO Power Vision
• Available in Black, Blue and White

LG Fusic LX-550 $149.99
• $179.99 up front with a $30 mail in rebate
• MP3 player with FM Transmitter
• EVDO Capable
• Bluetooth Capable
• 1.3 Megapixel Camera and Camcorder
• Speaker Phone
• Phone as Modem Capable
• External Navigation Pad

I have a $150 rebate from amazon that will make them all reasonably priced, but I do not know which are better for my goals. The a900 seems to have terrible battery life from what I have read, which means it would be useless as an mp3 player I would think as well, but am not sure. I don't need lots of storage but the memory card option sounds nice. Though I read something about the a920 by samsung having bluetooth neutered or something.

Any help would truly be appreciated.

Thanks

sony ericsson K750i + 2gig duo card. would be around 150-250 $ € depending where you live.
has excelent 2mpixel camera. has excellent MP3 playback, has RADIO , is very nice in UI and ease of use.

best phone in the category

didnt even know Sanyo made mobile phones..? :)

I picked up a Sony Ericsson W810i almost 2 months ago... and I'd have to say I'd choose it again in a heartbeat (the K750i that hey69 mentioned is more or less the same phone).

If you're in the states, I believe cingular has them for $99 (otherwise they are about $280 usd on ebay) if you sign up for a new plan (not sure if you'd want to sign up with Cingular though).

If you're choices are limited to those 4, I'm not really sure... I figured I'd just throw in a random recommendation though!

An OT thought @ Mods:

This thread seems like it would be better suited in the "Purchasing decisions" category instead of Handheld Talk.

Back