Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice [PS4, 4Pro, XO, OneX, XBSX|S]

Really liking it so far. Surprsingly more to it than I expected from a gameplay perspective as well. Combat is quite enjoyable and due to its hands-off nature, the puzzles can be rather tricky to figure out too. It's also drop dead gorgeous and has stupendous audio design.

Probably the first UE4 game which really impersses me right now. I haven't not played Gears, though.

414340_20170809161258_1.jpg Still thinking about it.
It's about psychosis, fears, delusions and what ppl go through. But is wrapped in a great story and experience .
Had a friend once who is no more and went thru similar stuff. Got first hand experience of what he might have been through. And it is terrifying. :(
all that aside, it is a unmissable experience. Hours after finishing it I am still overwhelmed and discussing it with my wife and family. The game really achieved its goals and then some !
Took me around 9 hours to finish. And the message about death at the begining. Its part of the experience, from what I can tell.

@London-boy I dont think so, but then I dont know. I want to replay just to feel some of those things again. Its something we never get to see in our lives and its well represented here, in the sense that I felt them. Dont think of it like a "game", its a personal journey, wathcing it wont have the effect, its the playing it part which makes it so real.

Last edited:
I'm not a psychoanalyst - and joking aside-, but it's not like there haven't been plenty of games with clearly damaged protagonists in the past. Sure, their behaviors weren't endorsed by professionals, but to the average joe, games like Condemned or Silent Hill 2 will probably be just as effective.

I'm not a psychoanalyst - and joking aside-, but it's not like there haven't been plenty of games with clearly damaged protagonists in the past. Sure, their behaviors weren't endorsed by professionals, but to the average joe, games like Condemned or Silent Hill 2 will probably be just as effective.

But at the same time, it's another talking point for word of mouth. You know this game I played, bla bla bla and it's just like being "mad" and that is true, because the makers got info from head doctors....

I'm not trying to diminish the work they've been done on the subject, by the way. It's just that they could have served me an over-the-top and cliched Hollywood style psychosis, and I would have been perfectly fine with it because I cannot tell the two apart anyways.

Man I'm loving it:), totally an unique experience like no others and a much needed fresh break from the Open World overload. Everything from the sound design, voice over, visual, animation to the intuitive combat is top notch. I found myself deeply intrigued by her internal struggle which itself has an element of mystery that simply wants me to keep digging, unfolding it till the very end. I think I'm 1/3 into it but really savoring the experience as I'm taking my sweet time with everything. Oh yeah the game looks stunning alright and would benefit greatly from HDR too!
17lsvv.png

29ps1a.png

I'm not trying to diminish the work they've been done on the subject, by the way. It's just that they could have served me an over-the-top and cliched Hollywood style psychosis, and I would have been perfectly fine with it because I cannot tell the two apart anyways.
There is a difference with this one. This one feels like it is happening to you. At least it did to me.
With silent hill 2 , the mood was so perfect but I never felt I am going crazy or I am "feeling" what feels like being in his head.
Here it did. I am surprised it did so well because I didn't think that it would so well. They did it very seriously. I felt fear, I felt the voices in my head, I felt dread, I felt confused, I felt doubtful of what I was seeing.
Again, not trying to be an ambassador for it, just that I was profoundly affected by it. I liked that I can feel what it feels like to be in someone else's shoes/head when the thing is so personal that no one else can ever see it. Binaural audio really made it real here. And the story presentation, exposition, everything just went well. The delusion based puzzles felt so real too.

It's a very well researched and well executed game. The start is slow but I guess that is to ease in the casual players too.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

This game is much better than I expected. Wow is it good! And the facial animation is exceptional.

Just finished it, what an unique and exhilarating experience Ninja Theory well done! Just absolutely loved the psychological narrative, voice acting, Melina Juergens' performance and how everything comes together so well in the end. The way they integrated the Norse Mythology into the story was blissful and the Hellheim was stunningly rendered too. The first half was relatively slow but the second half picked tight up and satiated you with the payoff, some of the levels were incredible both in design and graphics, not to mention the ever so hauntingly beautiful sound design. I only wished they had more budget and replace some of the real life video composition with actual engine graphics, because they could appear somewhat jarring next to the in game graphics. Really loved the ending and what appears to be a hint to a sequel:). I highly recommend everyone to try it if not for an unique and interesting journey from everything else released this year.
Oh and I do wonder how much inspiration NT get from Silent Hill, definitely feeling some kind of nostalgia :).

Very pretty game. I've been taking a lot pics on Photo mode actually. It's not as good as some other photo modes but it doesn't matter. Working my way through it now :)

This game is an absolute blast so far. I think I am close to the end...the boss fights are intense, some battles in between as well. Battle system is simple but cool and quite dynamic. Graphics and special effects are great and crazy over the top psycho stuff. But the star of the show is the crazy audio tec and how awesome it is used in this game to enhance the gameplay...super intense moments when you try to stay calm and listen to the sound to react accordingly...simple headphones are enough to experience the best sound ever imo (you have to play it with headphones!! :)) Puzzles are a bit easy imo and rather straight forward...but it automatically let's you explore the world...nice! I also really like the audio clues you can find around the world to get some mythological lesson!

Curious about the story as well. Very dark atmosphere, very disturbing sometimes...but I somehow want to know what is going on...

Length is decent (I estimate I will clock in at 7h) as well for 30 bugs.

Highly recommended, a true gem this gen.

Naisuu!

Ok so... what do you guys think of the ending?

Brilliant game. Just extremely annoyed that the devs felt it was ok to block access to areas even within the same level, so you can't go back and collect all the runes. I'd understand if you lose access when you get to the next level but in the same one? Ridiculous. So I missed one, tried to get back to it while still in the same level (penultimate one) and nothing. So I literally collected all of them except one and that is really annoying cause now I have to play the whole game all over again just to get that one rune if I want the platinum.

Got Far Cry 5 to tie me over till God of War for the next three weeks otherwise would double dip it for the 1X. I can imagine HDR adds a ton to the whole experience.

Back