Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice [PS4, 4Pro, XO, OneX, XBSX|S]

Bought it this morning but four more hours of work before I can play it. Heard it's a visual and sound feast :), can't wait to get twing twanged in hellheim.

Jim Sterling gave it a 1 out of 10 because he couldn't figure out a puzzle and thought it was a bug. Cannot wait for his next video where he'll try and slither his way out of the situation by constructing a narrative where everyone's at fault but his own pompous fat ass.

Jim Sterling gave it a 1 out of 10 because he couldn't figure out a puzzle and thought it was a bug. Cannot wait for his next video where he'll try and slither his way out of the situation by constructing a narrative where everyone's at fault but his own pompous fat ass.

He actually apologized lol

Has anyone here played this yet? I'm really interested in it myself, but whether I'll buy it or not depends on a really simple thing: is this another one of these third person games which forces me to walk all the time or is it not. And if the answer is yes, how bad is it?

Played for two hours, yes you walk a lot but battles are heart pounding and puzzles in the second section were smile inducing. Earlier I thought its an okay game but now it feels really good. Story is all voiceover.
LEts see how good it gets from now on. It seems to have set up expectations in my head with this illusion section. The boss battle was awesome and the puzzles good.

For a low budget game this certainly looks quite nice:

36047282790_4df08ee46d_o.jpg

That's the PC version at 5K (5120 × 2880), I can only run it at 30 fps or below at that res though :)

Played for two hours, yes you walk a lot but battles are heart pounding and puzzles in the second section were smile inducing. Earlier I thought its an okay game but now it feels really good. Story is all voiceover.
LEts see how good it gets from now on. It seems to have set up expectations in my head with this illusion section. The boss battle was awesome and the puzzles good.

By walking I mean forced walking in case it wasn't clear. I'm a-okay with downtime. I just hate it when a game decides how should spend said downtime unless there's a really good reason for it. Damn near killed The Order (a game so "sophisticated" and in love with itself it came with multiple degrees of forced walking) for me.

Last edited:
Actually getting extended fov in 21:9 is great.

Game looks interesting. Seems the reviews are good.

I guess the game is short, but it's priced cheap. No reason it shouldn't sell like crazy. I actually prefer short single player games. Give me 6-10 hours of quality vs 15-20 with lots of filler.

Back