headphones

Tehy only support virtual surround in speaker mode, not headphones mode?

The power supplies in my Logitech 5.1 system's rear speakers have died, so I have no surround sound right now. 2.1 sounds kinda crap in many games, unfortunately. Been intending to get the speakers fixed, but they've been hot-glued shut (thank you, logitech) so I kinda hit a snag. Maybe buying a pair of surround headphones would be easier, but generally my head has been incompatible in the past with the weight of the unit pushing down on the top of my skull, causing severe discomfort. Also, fixing my surrounds would be cheaper than buying these sony things, or another set of headphones. :p

I play almost everything via Audigy/X-Fi headphone mode with a set of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 or Sony MDR-V6 headphones. CMSS Headphone is excellent.

But as for headphones with extras like a radio - I haven't looked into that kind of thing.....

Tehy only support virtual surround in speaker mode, not headphones mode?
donno & dont care, hell even mono would be ok for me :)
I dont play games, this is only for music/radio

-- want
* headphones (not in the ear buds)
* mp3 player built in 2GB is more than enuf
* external speakers, so I can hang them around my neck and still hear sound
* abilty to plug in cord ( so I can listen to film on phone etc)
* radio, am pref

-- not want
* bluetooth

the sony one does 4 of the 5, but not having a radio is a bummer

stay away from the WH3 30-20,000Hz is awful
yes (though prolly outside my hearing range now)
the better version is only 25% more expensive, so its really a no brainer from those two.

So I take it noones heard of a headphone that matches my description?

Sony use to make radio headphones, are you sure they don't have a model with radio as well as mp3 player built in ?

donno & dont care, hell even mono would be ok for me :)
I dont play games, this is only for music/radio

-- want
* headphones (not in the ear buds)
* mp3 player built in 2GB is more than enuf
* external speakers, so I can hang them around my neck and still hear sound
* abilty to plug in cord ( so I can listen to film on phone etc)
* radio, am pref

-- not want
* bluetooth

the sony one does 4 of the 5, but not having a radio is a bummer

Did you ever manage to hear AM stations on a radio with digital controls for selecting the tuning?
Seems like I could ever only get a handful ones with that stuff. On a radio with a wheel or analog button plus needle or similar, you can get exponentially more AM stuff.. I had a Technics tuner that allowed me hundreds of AM stations maybe, in a 5000km radius, sadly it was lost in a move.
I would listen to foreign radios (else, all the national stuff is on FM) and it was fun listening to music from the other side of the Mediterranean.

Back