Hdr vs wide color gamut vs deep color and PSVR PU Box

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
So my dad just bought me cheapest (still Hella expensive tho -_- ) 4k hdr TV available : lg49uh610t

I also have Psvr, so I can't use HDR due to PU Box's inability to transfer hdr.

A few general questions :

• I still can use wide color gamut?
  • Is wide color tied to hdr?
  • What the heck is deep color?
  • Is deep color tied to hdr?
  • Is there actually any visible differences between wide color and deep color?
  • Any calibration image or video you recommended? (I will use rtings settings as baseline)

A few questions for LG TV owners, because LG is well known for its laggy TV:

1. Does HDR in 1080p more responsive than HDR in 4k?
  2. Does HDR added lag worth it when used in TV with shitty panel that barely reach any of the colour standards (rec, etc), and only have max brightness of 400 nuts?

Thank you!

But deep color is also specific PS4 features outside of hdr and.... I guess I'll just try it and post the results here :D

Yes, 12bit output has been showing up on my TV since PS3 days. Also, the HDR limitations are not for everything, right? It's only a combination of 4K modes and HDR? Maybe even only for 60fps? Anyway, as mentioned elsewhere, a cheap HDMI splitter that sends one to your PSVR and the other to the TV directly or something like that could solve this. It's not perfect of course, but it should work. I have some issues routing through PSVR as well with sound going through the receiver sometimes, haven't completely figured it out (but my PSVR has moved to the study for now, where I have the PS4 Pro).

Back