HBO's Rome

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
The season finale was on tonight. Great final episode, some of the best TV-produced I've watched ever. Between this and Six Feet Under's finale HBO has aired some truly great drama this year.

If anyone else's has watched it, I loved the look Octavian gave Servilia after her litany of threats. And boy oh boy did Brutus ever make a classic mistake letting Antony walk off the Senate floor alive.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Isn't it a joint production between HBO & the BBC?
Yes, it is and I can't say that I've particularly enjoyed it - come to think of it, neither has my sister and Roman history is her area of expertese.

I didn't watch this, but I did hear that, because the first episode was airing on the BBC the same time as the football, "The Sun" printed the times of each of the sex scenes so that those watching the football could flick over just at the right time! ;)

Dave Baumann said:
I didn't watch this, but I did hear that, because the first episode was airing on the BBC the same time as the football, "The Sun" printed the times of each of the sex scenes so that those watching the football could flick over just at the right time! ;)

We've been watching it - it struck me that it was an attempt to 'redo' "I Clavdivs" (to quote Stephen Fry) :)

Simon F said:
We've been watching it - it struck me that it was an attempt to 'redo' "I Clavdivs" (to quote Stephen Fry) :)

If there's anyone here who hasn't seen "I Claudius" you should make a point of doing so. Not glossy at all, in fact it's a very old-school "stage play" type of presentation, but the story is totally gripping.

it's pretty good. i've been watching it. the soldier/turned magistrate/turned senator's wife looks like a chick i used to date. spitting image.

Back