HBO producing A Song of Ice and Fire

Holy shit!

Holy shit!!

If they screw this up, I am going on a rampage.

Thanks for the info, John. :)

Holy shit!

Holy shit!!

If they screw this up, I am going on a rampage.

Thanks for the info, John. :)
HBO is doing a marvelous job on "Rome", which is probably why they think they can pull this off. Best of luck to them, im going through the series again, and would love to see it on screen.

epic

HBO is doing a marvelous job on "Rome", which is probably why they think they can pull this off. Best of luck to them, im going through the series again, and would love to see it on screen.

epic

I only know the first season but I found Rome to be a bit underwhelming. In the past couple of years, a number of US TV productions have been approaching an almost cinematic production value, e.g 24 or more recently, Heroes. Rome, though, still feels very TV-y, if that makes any sense. And let's not forget that like 80% of the plot takes place in the same five or so locations.

I'm not sure if something like that could do any justice to ASoFaI. On the other hand, turning each novel into a fully fledged season sounds promising. There are a fuckton of well-preserved and restaurated medieval structures all over Europe and it's prolly much cheaper to rent these for a couple of days at a time than building a set up from the ground in a studio somewhere.

The biggest problem would probably the large-scale battle stuff. I don't see how they can pull this off. If the fight scenes in Rome are any indications, we're in for some major suckage.

HBO has a good TV drama track record. Sopranos, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Carnivale etc.

Oh, please be good, please be good, please be good. :crosses fingers:

This is great news! I'm a big fan of the books and they would make a great HBO series with all the sex, blood and politics involved.

I think Peter Peter Dinklage "The Station Agent" would make a fantastic Tyrion.

Cersei could be played by the chick in Gladiator. :cool:

Although she is a bit too old now, I always imagined Virgina Madsen circa Dune (1984)
Image:Princess_irulan_wallpaper.jpg

I guess the dire wolves will be computer generated, but if so they have to receive as much attention as Gollum.

How can they fake it with real animals once the wolves are grown? Dire wolves are much bigger than regular wolves.

I fear GRRM unfortunately likes starting stories, but doesn't quite know how to end them. Hence, new character and killing old ones when he runs out of ideas.

Regardless, I hope he gets a fit of inspiration and pounds out a novel a year until he's done. This every 2-3 years is getting old. I'd like to finish his series prior to (my) retirement.

Back