Have videogames changed the world and the world's economy?

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
Well, we know videogame history to some extent, and it's been like half a century ever since this medium has existed, and some of them are so iconic, like Mario, which is known for several generations of people.

We bought GPUs to play the best and latest games at fluid framerates and there have algo been generations of GPUs. And now, GPUs are essential for the development of one of the most revolutionary recent inventions, the Blockchain.

Usually it's been like technology has changed gaming, but I think know gaming has changed technology.

Well, we know videogame history to some extent, and it's been like half a century ever since this medium has existed, and some of them are so iconic, like Mario, which is known for several generations of people.

We bought GPUs to play the best and latest games at fluid framerates and there have algo been generations of GPUs. And now, GPUs are essential for the development of one of the most revolutionary recent inventions, the Blockchain.

Usually it's been like technology has changed gaming, but I think know gaming has changed technology.

Well, for the original blockchain / bitcoin GPU's are basically useless vs custom asic. There are of course alts that can not be mined with an asic, but the main coin is still bitcoin....

GPU's didn't start out useless for bitcoin though, right?

Not sure I can make a mental connection between gaming and blockchain though.

I could have seen a chicken/egg scenario without gpus. Blockchain and bitcoin may not have gained traction without the widespread presence of computers with gpu that could crunch tflops. Imagine trying to mine bitcoin with an i7.

No doubt gaming has created a number of engineers and programmers that otherwise probably wouldn't have been inspired. It's definitely a medium that I think hasn't gotten it's just due of respect for the amount of inspiration it has birthed in the minds of many people. But like TV, film, and books, it's still subject to trash. No doubt on it's economic value though. Labor produced and consumed in the game of economy.

Back