Has ATI compared the shading power of Xenos to the R520?

Yes but the R500(Xenos) is slightly more advanced than R520. R520 is current Gen GPU Architecture while Xenos is next gen ATI architecture

gosh said:
Yes but the R500(Xenos) is slightly more advanced than R520. R520 is current Gen GPU Architecture while Xenos is next gen ATI architecture
But what if the advancement is only in efficiency and not raw shading power?

there is raw shading power which is better than previous gen, similiar to raw shading power of R520 but more efficient

Of course that's likely, I just wanted to know if ATI has made any such comparison similar to way nvidia claims that the RSX is faster than the g70.

i dont think ATI claims, it does what is on paper

yes the RSX will be faster than G70 but will have a higher clockspeed.

ATI has made no announcements on R520, nor have they given any details as to its expected performance. You won't find any direct comparisons yuet, and its best to remove preconceptions before there is more public discorvery on R520.

There are no claims .

I believe i've heard they ported the new ruby demo with hdr to the xenos and it runs it faster than the r520 however .

Not to sure on that .

I would expect them to be at least on par with each other . The r520 may have the raw pixel fillrate advantage but the x360 was designed for 720p with little performance hit at 4x fsaa . The r520 wasn't .

DaveBaumann said:
ATI has made no announcements on R520, nor have they given any details as to its expected performance. You won't find any direct comparisons yuet, and its best to remove preconceptions before there is more public discorvery on R520.
Thanks for the info, Dave.

jvd said:
There are no claims .

I believe i've heard they ported the new ruby demo with hdr to the xenos and it runs it faster than the r520 however .

Not to sure on that.
Do you remember where you heard that, jvd?

It would be interesting to see what the benefit of a unified architecture is if you're getting the same performance from a traditional gpu released in the same time frame. Framerate consistency? Heat usage? Cost?

ralexand said:
jvd said:
There are no claims .

Not to sure on that.

that slowness may be because the drivers for G70 are now optimized while there are only alpha/beta drivers for R520

i think on these forums some where . To many threads to remember so i may be wrong . I do remember hearing they ported the ruby demo however

gosh said:
ralexand said:
jvd said:
There are no claims .

Not to sure on that.

that slowness may be because the drivers for G70 are now optimized while there are only alpha/beta drivers for R520
g70?

jvd said:
i think on these forums some where . To many threads to remember so i may be wrong . I do remember hearing they ported the ruby demo however
Yeah, they showed the Ruby demo on beta hardware at e3. Never read anything about a 520 comparison though but I pretty much stick to the console boards.

LunchBox said:
wasn't the ruby demo made for the R430?

There are 3 ruby demos

ruby 1 ) r420 she steals the brief case with the diamond and then jumps out of the blowing up air platofrm factory thingy

ruby 2) r480 ? the refresh , she is on a motor bike that i believe flys and 2 guys are chasing her

ruby 3 ) recently shown at e3 . Has hdr and other things not in the previous ones this one is for the r520 that should be released soon

jvd said:
There are no claims .

Not to sure on that .

I would expect them to be at least on par with each other . The r520 may have the raw pixel fillrate advantage but the x360 was designed for 720p with little performance hit at 4x fsaa . The r520 wasn't .

The R520 Ruby Demo was ported over to the X360 in like a week or so, and ran at 30fps at E3... ATi said it was highly unoptimized though...

Back