Has anybody used this benchmarking tool before?

Neeyik

Homo ergaster
Veteran
Picked this one up from the FM boards:

http://www.benchemall.com/

A bit of the blurb:

Bench'emAll! is a tool to launch a set of your favourite 3D game benchmarks and synthetic 3D tests in a single batch job automatically. Bench'emAll! will do all the boring stuff for you: start the benchmark, wait for result fps, write result to the file. 3DMark03, Unreal2, even Doom3, and many others are supported. All the results are stored and processed to a readable text file, which may be shared with friends via email or web. With ergonomic user interface it is easy to configure and use.

Bench'emAll! is updated regularly to support new 3D game benchmarks or synthetic 3D tests. The following games and synthetic benchmarks are supported:

Far Cry
Unreal Tournament 2004
Call of Duty
Halo: Combat Evolved
Codecreatures Benchmark Pro
Splinter Cell
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Unreal II: The Awakening
ChameleonMark
3DMark03
3DMark2k1SE Pro
Quake3
UT2003
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Vulpine GLmark 1.1
SpecViewperf 7.0
SpecViewperf 6
Doom3

Has anybody seen or tried this out yet? Worth buying?

I don't like it; sure, it runs the default benchmarks fine, but I've had real trouble with it and Call of Duty, plus it's totally non-configurable.

The Baron said:
I don't like it; sure, it runs the default benchmarks fine, but I've had real trouble with it and Call of Duty, plus it's totally non-configurable.

yeh and it's prolly only with Call of Duty your problems ?

RainZ

rainz said:
The Baron said:

yeh and it's prolly only with Call of Duty your problems ?

RainZ
Dunno. I replace the configuration files and it ignores the new ones. Very odd.

Neeyik said:

Nick, I used it to collect statistics for both SPECViewPerf's when developing SoftQuadro4/SoftFireGL with no troubles at all.
And considering the fact that benchemall creator is a friend of mine since university times and we both reside in the same office, I would say that it worth buying ;)

Hi Alexey - well if you say it's okay, then it's time to dust out my credit card ;). Seriously though, if I can get it to run some custom demos then it'll save me a stack of time; so it'll be worth a few pounds.

Unwinder said:
Neeyik said:

Nick, I used it to collect statistics for both SPECViewPerf's when developing SoftQuadro4/SoftFireGL with no troubles at all.
And considering the fact that benchemall creator is a friend of mine since university times and we both reside in the same office, I would say that it worth buying ;)
Wow, I'm actually sort of grateful to the spambot for bumping this up....I missed the bit where Unwinder recomended this tool, that's enough for me to give it a try.

I usually hate benchmarking batchers, but a personal recomend from Unwinder is more than enough for me. :)

Back