HardOCP jump the gun?

Then why are you posting it? With a few hundred people on the boards, someone is almost certainly faster than you.

The Baron said:
Then why are you posting it? With a few hundred people on the boards, someone is almost certainly faster than you.

that's a ridiculous comment. regardless of how many people are here SOMEBODY has to be first. might as well be him. :rolleyes:

Stryyder said:
In Far Cry it is only slightly ahead of the 9800xt
Look close, the AA & AF settings are way different on all the cards...it wouldn't surprise me if the game settings were different too.

Looks to me like brent has done a 'max quality at playable framerate' approach rather than a straight fps shootout. Definitely an interesting way to review.

i think the [h] benchmarks suck. :)

doesn't really quantify the performance difference as much as a straight comparison would.

digitalwanderer said:
Stryyder said:
In Far Cry it is only slightly ahead of the 9800xt
Look close, the AA & AF settings are way different on all the cards...it wouldn't surprise me if the game settings were different too.

Hasn't been his procedure in past reviews doubt he'd start doing that now.

kofman said:
i think the [h] benchmarks suck. :)

doesn't really quantify the performance difference as much as a straight comparison would.

Can you quantify the performance when you're hitting the CPU or CPU/RAM bandwidth bottleneck?

The review is a bit strange but it does make sense, in a way.

What's the limiting factor in some of those benches? Drivers? CPU? Bandwidth? So many questions, so much time till 9am tomorrow.... :)

Back