Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

The ODST soundtrack is a masterpiece. Maybe not so iconic like the known Halo theme but the mood and atmosphere he creates here is just brilliant. Perfect night music.

I already read that. Halo 1 and Halo 2 soundtrack are the best out there imo, I even have them on my phone.

However, the other games never reached this quality imo...but I did hope that Destiny features again this high quality sound. Well, now the chances of this happening significantly decreased.

Is there any news on whether the music for Destiny was already done or not? The game releases this September, so its not far. I was looking forward to the same amazing tracksw as HALO1 but for a new universe, a new theme.

Is there any news on whether the music for Destiny was already done or not? The game releases this September, so its not far. I was looking forward to the same amazing tracksw as HALO1 but for a new universe, a new theme.

Most people believe that the majority of the music is already done and Bungie themselves said that this will not delay the release of Destiny.

They probably waited until he finished the soundtrack before they fired him.

Most people believe that the majority of the music is already done and Bungie themselves said that this will not delay the release of Destiny.

Bungie announced a couple of days ago that Destiny is close to ready to ship. Obviously it won't ship early, they have lots of polish to do (as they say in the statement) but I'd assume that the art and music is all done and it's now a case of technical polish and as well as the important online resilience.

I already read that. Halo 1 and Halo 2 soundtrack are the best out there imo, I even have them on my phone.

However, the other games never reached this quality imo...but I did hope that Destiny features again this high quality sound. Well, now the chances of this happening significantly decreased.
While I miss some of the Marty's compositions in Halo games, I think having the guy who created the Halo 4 soundtrack and MArty would be the best approach.

The Halo 4 soundtrack is stunning, and this one song which plays at a certain point in the main campaign is quite up to the standards of previous Halo games, if not better.

When this song sounded in Halo 4 -especially after 2:20 minutes in- you feel so effin' epic that you can take on the whole galaxy. I had never heard anything like that in previous Halo games.

While I miss some of the Marty's compositions in Halo games, I think having the guy who created the Halo 4 soundtrack and MArty would be the best approach.
You mean the guys? Part of why the Halo 4 soundtrack lacks cohesion compared with Marty's efforts is that the tracks with punchy melody were composed by several different people.

You mean the guys? Part of why the Halo 4 soundtrack lacks cohesion compared with Marty's efforts is that the tracks with punchy melody were composed by several different people.
I thought that Halo 4 soundtrack was composed by a single person, iirc. I wonder where you heard otherwise.

To this day, 'Arrival' still reminds me of the GRAW 2 menu theme. Tom Salta did a great job with GRAW 2 and Halo: Spartan Assault.

GRAW2 was a good game, especially taking into account I am not usually into those games, but it was well designed and fun to play, that's all I can remember off the top of my head, it's been a while since I last played it, 2006 or so.

Choosing my favourite from the videos you shared I liked the Halo: Spartan Assault music more. I have the game but barely played it, so whenever I play it more in depth I will probably get to listen it live. --especially now that I got the Xbox One plugged to a decent sound system, instead of my TV (which lacks a subwoofer, among other things).

Goddamn this sucks ass. WTF is going on at Bungie? Joe Staten quits. Marty (the guy whose contributions Jason Jones said made Halo "twice as good" as otherwise) gets fired?

I have a bad feeling about Bungie in general, and Destiny in particular. The studio seems to be becoming the antithesis of what they said they wanted when they broke away from MS.

I thought that Halo 4 soundtrack was composed by a single person, iirc. I wonder where you heard otherwise.
I must have gotten things mixed up, "several" is a bit of an exaggeration; technically there were 4 if you count Marty and Salvatori on Never Forget, but it was mostly 2. Neil Davidge composed a majority of the soundtrack, but quite a lot was composed by Kazuma Jinnouchi, including 117.

Goddamn this sucks ass. WTF is going on at Bungie? Joe Staten quits. Marty (the guy whose contributions Jason Jones said made Halo "twice as good" as otherwise) gets fired?

I have a bad feeling about Bungie in general, and Destiny in particular. The studio seems to be becoming the antithesis of what they said they wanted when they broke away from MS.
Bungie has been changing at a rapid pace all the time since forever, but they have historically managed to consistently put out great games, even if some decisions were arguably idiotic missteps.

I agree that the events of the last few years have made me a bit apprehensive, though.

Wasn't this more from some going on to work at 343, they wanted to remain part of it all?

I agree ODST had a different vibe, but still caused you to feel more a part of the universe and the struggle. Halo 4 soundtrack for me was just not as great, still good mind you, but 1-3 were better (IMO).

Cortana as a human - does not work for me, how they could make it work in the game correctly I am not sure. AI as good as Alyx in HL2? Anyway, Cortana to me always seems like she needs to be multi-tasking many things, how would this work in human form?

Machine form with tech from the ancients? I could see some interesting plot twists, but I think it would still lack that connection that has made it special.

Spartans and AI go together, so maybe we just get a new AI or maybe our (MC) heart won't allow a new one and we work without? I guess I need to reread the books, but the AI gets to choose who they want, or was that just in the case of Cortana...hmmm?

Cortana as a human - does not work for me, how they could make it work in the game correctly I am not sure. AI as good as Alyx in HL2? Anyway, Cortana to me always seems like she needs to be multi-tasking many things, how would this work in human form?

She can go around pushing the buttons and control panels for the player, also carry around weapons you don't want to lose, also distract A.I. with her 7"-high, lead-core, titanium, platinum coated boots thunking around. :yep2:

Machine form with tech from the ancients? I could see some interesting plot twists, but I think it would still lack that connection that has made it special.
Cortana Mark I battle armour mag-locks on top of Mjolnir VII. :runaway: Your shield indeed :!: She'll need an appendage to be your sword too. ಠ_ಠ

---

Ahem.

Spartans and AI go together, so maybe we just get a new AI or maybe our (MC) heart won't allow a new one and we work without? I guess I need to reread the books, but the AI gets to choose who they want, or was that just in the case of Cortana...hmmm?
Not a requirement per se as far as I know. Can't remember if BB did anything special to attune to Naomi. Otherwise, there's been no other A.I. to interface with a Spartan (or human, I gather edit: maybe special case in the Reach data pads or something :?: ).

IIRC, Cortana fiddeled with herself to make herself most compatible to John's brain - whatever that means - it was a one line mention when Halsey asked her who she picked and why (partly) not anyone else.

Wasn't that scene in the Fall of Reach novel, where Cortana told Halsey she chose John because he had a certain characteristic she liked, a certain "nobility"?

I wouldn't consider the books to be 100% factual. 343 will and should rewrite the backstory to fit their current needs whenever necessary. They seem to have some ideas about where they're going with the story in the second trilogy and if it requires some retconing, they shouldn't hold back - after all, Bungie probably didn't seriously plan to actually continue the story after Halo 3.

And all in all the story seems to be secondary to the game itself. Halo 5 should really go beyond anything the series has done before, it's a new generation of consoles and it's been enough from more of the same (or even less). H4 was in the end a safe move, selling enough copies to make a profit but not really moving the franchise forward. They should be willing to take more risks, and the system also needs a game to show what it can do in capable hands. 343 seems to be in the best position to make that game.

Yeah, I remember the "luck" thing too, but it seems like there was a bit more to him that got Cortana's panties in a bunch?

I don't know, it's been a long time since I read that book.

I wouldn't consider the books to be 100% factual. 343 will and should rewrite the backstory to fit their current needs whenever necessary. They seem to have some ideas about where they're going with the story in the second trilogy and if it requires some retconing, they shouldn't hold back - after all, Bungie probably didn't seriously plan to actually continue the story after Halo 3.

And all in all the story seems to be secondary to the game itself. Halo 5 should really go beyond anything the series has done before, it's a new generation of consoles and it's been enough from more of the same (or even less). H4 was in the end a safe move, selling enough copies to make a profit but not really moving the franchise forward. They should be willing to take more risks, and the system also needs a game to show what it can do in capable hands. 343 seems to be in the best position to make that game.
I kinda share your perception on it. I hope they use Kinect well and maybe the cloud for the AI or destruction -while still offering a single player full experience for when you don't have a connection.

They seem to have plenty of time, because there will be no Halo for Xbox One this year. In fact, the Master Chief voice actor doesn't know a thing about the game for now.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/h...or_knows_nothing_about_halo_for_xbox_one.html

Yup, I remember that from the Halo 3 trailer:

Cortana said:
They let me pick. Did I ever tell you that? Chose whichever Spartan I wanted. You know me, I did my research. Watched as you became the solder we needed you to be. Like the others you were strong and swift and brave, a natural leader. But you had something they didn't - something nobody saw but me. Can you guess? Luck.

Cut to the Sarge finding the Chief impact site and pondering whether he had survived the crash or not.

Back