Halo Master Cortana Collection [XO]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Cyan, Aug 30, 2013.

1. HTupolev

Regular

What, you mean the second hangar on Cairo Station?

That's easy (if you abuse the game's mechanics, which you should because taking Halo 2 on legendary seriously is ridiculous).

Before leaving the first hangar, pick up and drop all of the plasma pistols in the room to prevent them from despawning. Use plasma pistol overcharge to drop elite shields, BR to headshot; even if you miss a lot, you've got lots of spare plasma pistol ammo in the previous room, so you can afford to play cautiously. IIRC there's extra BR ammo off to the right side of the room, where the stairs up to the catwalk are.

RootKit, BRiT and Cyan like this.
  2. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

yes, that Hangar where waves of enemies come out of those tube like circular structures. The further I got was like the last to penultimate wave, but got nervous and the elite took care of me, especially because of the lack of ammo. The times I got closer to complete that part I lost all my ammo in the process.

I followed a guide in Gamefaqs back then, an amazing FAQ if you ask me by tomrace -writing this by memory, but I think it was that one, I read it thoroughly-, but found the plasma guns boring and barely used them.

The mechanics you mention were unknown to me at the time, and in fact Legendary on Halo 2 was doable for me, several times, except for that part. Maybe I can finally take on them now, at 60 fps.

The last time I played Halo 2 in the MCC I completed the game once again, but decreasing difficulty, once again, in that part.

3. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

yup

RootKit likes this.
  4. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha Subscriber

Wont be hitting until Spring 2018 and then it will be piecemeal as they look for feedback from the community on each patch. Took them long enough, if they're actually going to fix the bugs that many have reported or suffered through.

5. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Fixing this is really critical in repairing Xbox the brand. Doing it from scratch and doing it right will go a long way here.

they desperately need to ride back to the top of FPS arena for console. Even though imo it is already, the population just doesn't reflect that. There is little reason to continue with H6 until these core problems are rectified.

Cyan and BRiT like this.
  6. BadTB25

Veteran

Yea, I caught the livestream yesterday. Wasn't very specific other than they will be looking and addressing the issues.

I've only played SP in MCC and really don't have any issues with it. I think most of the problems relate to MP.

RootKit, Cyan and BRiT like this.
  7. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I wonder how many GBs of space is going to need the OneX version of the game. The original MCC takes a hefty 70GB of HD space..

8. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Depends on what they do with it. Texture upgrade packs will increase the size significantly if they do it for a lot of the content.

9. BadTB25

Veteran

70GB is small considering it's 4 games and dlc maps.
    Halo 5 is over 100 GB by itself.

Cyan and BRiT like this.
  10. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

A decent chunk of MCC has to be the cut-scenes for H2A.

Cyan, BRiT and milk like this.
  11. milk

Veteran Regular

The clever blend of low and high res textures for detail maps on halo games holds up surprisingly well. The original halo's textures still look surprisingly detailed at 1080 even when glued to the wall.

#591 milk, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    RootKit likes this.
  12. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

They've always just needed AF. :p

BRiT likes this.
  13. RenegadeRocks

Legend

The only game that can make me buy an X1 ( any kind). I want all Bungie Halos ! Especially that amazing looking Reach !

DSoup likes this.
  14. Rangers

Legend

I've been dabbling in this in my down time since on-off quitting Destiny...specifically, Halo CE...

It almost makes me mad how much better this is than current Halo's and how much they've ruined the franchise.

The battle pacing is great, you really prioritize Elite's, because they are tough. Why is that gone from current titles?

The guns you pick up are really effective, so you dont mind scavenging. In current Halo's, they kinda all suck so you hate picking weapons up off the battlefield.

For example, the pacing...you go through a long battle in that ship, in corridors. It's still fun because the battles are dynamic. Then, you go to that beach landing scene. Still one of the most epic transitions in vidyagame history. You are suddenly surrounded by luxurious color and open spaces and pumping music. I remember it back then and it still has the same effect.

Even the physics are better and feel more dynamic in a however old game than today. With a fraction the processing power. The Warthog is way more fun to drive than in current Halo's. The list can go on forever. The game doesn't hold your hand and you can get "lost". Encounters can be tough and you can die repeatedly, but it's fun!. Getting a health pack always feels great.

Certainly coming from Destiny, the controls initially feel archaic, with no ADS, and a dedicated button to the flashlight which is useless, but you get used to it before too long.

Like, what happened to this franchise! Playing Halo 3 on MCC to check the graphics, kinda made me angry, because I remember, Halo 3 sucked!

All of this is talking about campaigns. Maybe Halo 3 MP is the best ever so you think Halo 3 is the best. I wouldn't know about that.

It's such a fine line between a good movie or game and a bad one sometimes, and sometimes hard to put your finger on, but Halo CE had "it" and new Halo's dont.

15. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

September 1 it will be on Game Pass.

Tommy McClain

Silent_Buddha, Reynaldo and BRiT like this.
  16. Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  17. Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran

Halo Reach is coming to the MCC (and MCC on PC (Windows Store and Steam)).

BRiT likes this.
  18. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯

Finally!

But will it include Reach's FireFight mode?

19. Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran

Yes: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/mcc-pc-halo-reach

Silent_Buddha and BRiT like this.
  20. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯

I was just going to paste that exact snippet!