Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

they're pumping a lot of cash into its development means it won't suck.

DukeNukemForever and Aliens:CM says hello! Pumping money into a game means nothing as to the degree of suckitude.

Those games had budgets nowhere near what Halo gets...

Budget does not guarantee success. It never has and never will in games. Why should game development be the one area that runs contrary to all other areas such as sports teams (New York Yankees) or movies (John Carter) or various services (Yahoo, AOL) or other products (Nintendo WiiU, Nokia WinPhones)?

Budget does not guarantee success. It never has and never will in games. Why should game development be the one area that runs contrary to all other areas such as sports teams (New York Yankees) or movies (John Carter) or various services (Yahoo, AOL) or other products (Nintendo WiiU, Nokia WinPhones)?

What you're saying has nothing to do with Halo and MS. Halo and MS is analogous to Aliens and 20th Century Fox or Juraisicc Park and Universal Studios or Batman and Warner Brothers.

Budget does not guarantee success. It never has and never will in games.

Halo has a stable development team with 343, and they keep their schedules.

CM and DNF were constantly shifted between various teams, had moving targets as design goals, and in general everything that could possibly go wrong in game development has happened to both projects anyway.

I really don't see how any connection can be made between those wreckages and Halo.
Also keep in mind that Digic has delivered a teaser for CM and produced a 95% complete cinematic trailer that has never seen the light of day - in other words I may or may not have a better view of the project than you...

Now with Halo, MS has built a team of game development veterans with real and valuable production experience and added enough Bungie veterans to keep the franchise legacy (Frankie in particular but others as well). In this case the large budget is a way to ensure that this team has the opportunity to deliver a complete product, instead of trying to get something released at an arbitrary deadline...

What you're saying has nothing to do with Halo and MS.

Let me rephrase it so it's blindingly obvious.
MS pumping a lot of cash into its development does NOT mean it won't suck.

No to keep multiplayer alive the levels need to be much smaller for the tried and true 4v4 engagements. Halo 4 maps were way too large. And the maps can't be too small either to just get constantly spawn killed. Balance was off with Halo 4. And no, the less like Borederlands the better..

WTF are you talking about? Have you actually played Halo 4 MP??? The 8vs8 games are the ones that are always full of people playing. Those levels are way too small even with only 16 players.

And I disagree since this is MS's biggest franchise

Just because you thought Halo 4 sucked doesn't mean the world agrees with you! How many copies did MS sell?

Not again!!! I hope this won't go on for the rest of eternity!

The only way for Halo to suck would be if people got their memory erased and had to start from scratch. I think 343i did a great job for a first game. There is always room for improvement, but they took the story to another level, to say the least and humanised both characters somewhat. I liked that.

Not to mention
the not so happy ending
, which was cool and unexpected.

I think that's more true when you have loads of money but no talent. In the very beginning when it takes some time to a new team to learn the design of the game to actually working on it, you have to be a bit more conservative about what you put on your game. Plus, their knowledge of the engine and the machine is lower at that point. But I understand what you mean.

Success and quality have nothing to do with the money in most cases, I fully agree. Money helps the technology but I think it's the talent of those people what makes the difference in the end. I think that's why they hired the Tomb Raider guy.

My most favourite Halo from the previous generation is Reach, followed by Halo 4.

Hunting [strike]deer[/strike] elites and [strike]chicken[/strike] Jackals and grunts and [strike]boar[/strike] Hunters for food while he unexpectedly crash lands on an [strike]island[/strike] unknown planet while on the run from [strike]Japanese[/strike] Covenant religious fanatics and the UNSC, this is the[strike] coming of age[/strike] story of ex-Master Chief Petty Officer Sierra 117 as he struggles to survive while searching for [strike]an ancient civilization's treasures[/strike] Forerunner technology, which hold the key [strike] to a resurrection ritual[/strike] to bringing back Cortana.

Meanwhile, an unexpected birth leads to complications.

:LOL:

Halo 4 was the best game in the series. The presentation was top notch and the weapon balance was much better than in previous campaigns. All the games have been excellent.

Halo 4 was the best game in the series. The presentation was top notch and the weapon balance was much better than in previous campaigns. All the games have been excellent.

Cant top CE. However, it was imo a good game, unlike 3.

The audiovisual splendor helped a lot. In any given game if gameplay=x, the game will simply be improved/more enjoyable if it looks great and still has x gameplay, then if it looks mediocre with x gameplay.

Halo 4 is made a lot better by looking so dang good. Games are intrinsically a visual medium.

343's problems have nothing to do with budget. They just don't have a clue what they're doing. They've been handed an established, well-loved, "can't lose" franchise and they're absolutely fucking it up. I mean, just look at the stuff they cut from H4 - free roaming game play, carrying any weapon anywhere, invasion, firefight, etc. Christ, you even had to unlock grenades for MP!

After slogging through the turd that is H4, the only things clear to me are that 343i loved the movie Tron, and they're comprised of a bunch of uninspired, unimaginative retards.

Yes I've played quite a bit of the franchise but only 1 year of H4. Competitive MP is wtf I am talking about, like MLG. The focus on large maps both in disc and for most of the DLC rollout was a mistake for the competitive group that carried the game. .

There's room for every type of player and plenty of 4vs4 game types.;)

I'd really like it if they added more campaign modifiers that went beyond just grunt birthday party (wacky fun things). If they ever get custom armours for campaign again, they could do more there (2D Mister Chief head/ridiculous head models/head size, voice pitch/speed). If it breaks the cut-scenes, so what. :p That's half the lulz.

It would make the grinding for achievements/XP/whatever less dull.

They could learn a thing or two (and go beyond) from Gears 3/Goldeneye64/etc in that regard.

OMG, I forgot how you had to unlock grenades for MP!!!

That amounts to blasphemy, having to unlock one point of the 'Golden Triangle' of Halo gameplay...

It's really telling that I have not played H4 multiplayer to any great degree after playing the multiplayer of every previous title religiously.

I hope they just put the franchise out to pasture for a while, get 343 to come up with their own IP and alternate between it and Halo.

Back