Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I just ordered the master chief collection, what am I missing?

I thought every halo game was included.
The Master Chief Collection by default includes CE, H2, H3, and H4; essentially, the games where you play as the Master Chief. It does not include ODST (yet), Reach, Wars, or Spartan Assault.

The Master Chief Collection by default includes CE, H2, H3, and H4; essentially, the games where you play as the Master Chief. It does not include ODST (yet), Reach, Wars, or Spartan Assault.

Of course *facepalm* and i missed the chance to get the "free" H3:ODST, still 4 games should be enough to co-op with the kid.

ODST only free for the people who played in that timeframe? I get giving these bonuses for people who pre-ordered or bought it in that timeframe for all the issues. But played? I'm sure a lot people tried it and failed to play online. Then decided to wait for them to fix the issues.

What's the problem?
I bought an extra controller for this game because of the co-op.

The framerate is a bit unwieldy, not hitting 60fps often, but I don't think it dips below 30 much (if at all). A 30 lock would have been pretty good all considering (like last gen, but solid).

RE: Split-screen

ODST only free for the people who played in that timeframe?

Yup.

Last edited:
but Reach is the most awesome! Played 1 on PC (i think but did not click with me), played 2 on Vista and bored, did not play 3. Played Reach and blown away awesome. Played 4 and its good but nothing pulling me inside.

They really need to add a 30Hz lock option for split-screen...
For split screen that's acceptable, for everything else it isn't anymore.... I mean, after playing the 4 Halo games at 60 fps there is no way I am going to play a Halo game at 30 fps, hopefully. The difference is staggering, everything runs so softly and smoothly!!

Yesterday I was playing Magic the Gathering 2015 -60 fps most probably, it's just a cards game- then some Halo 4.. I played Halo: CE afterwards and the cinematics were quite jumpy to me, :( I could see the transition between frames, it felt odd. At 60 fps nothing of that happens.

I finally picked this up today...traded in my Advanced Warfare for it. I got that game to show off my new big TV, after like 5 minutes of playing it I couldn't muster much desire to play on. same old COD campaign...so I traded it towards MCC (due to various shenanigans I was able to trade it for about as much as I paid)

Anyways, 61.2 GB!!! 20GB patch right? Good thing my ISP recently upped me to 50mb down from 15 for free...

My disc drive after this is already at 79.6% capacity after this, and I really have not exactly gone through a ton of games on my X1. Yikes...

Still installing, I mainly want to grab a peek at the H5 beta before it's gone as well...I wonder how many more GB that is...

H5 beta looks great and super clean on videos, I want to see how badly 720P mars it in person.

I finally picked this up today...traded in my Advanced Warfare for it. I got that game to show off my new big TV, after like 5 minutes of playing it I couldn't muster much desire to play on. same old COD campaign...so I traded it towards MCC (due to various shenanigans I was able to trade it for about as much as I paid)

Anyways, 61.2 GB!!! 20GB patch right? Good thing my ISP recently upped me to 50mb down from 15 for free...

My disc drive after this is already at 79.6% capacity after this, and I really have not exactly gone through a ton of games on my X1. Yikes...

Still installing, I mainly want to grab a peek at the H5 beta before it's gone as well...I wonder how many more GB that is...

H5 beta looks great and super clean on videos, I want to see how badly 720P mars it in person.
I believe the beta is 10.2 GBs. The day one patch for TMCC got dropped down to 15 gbs. One trick I learned is to install games offline then go online for the patch afterwards. It speeds up the disc install.
Halo 5 beta looks pretty good for the most part. You can tell some of the maps aren't finished cuz you can see polygon seems and gaps on the ground on one map. You have until Monday to play the beta. I have played a total of 7 slayer matches. I don't usually like online MP, but H5 is a blast.

Yeah it is!

Yeah it took I dunno, 3-4 hours I'm guessing before the game is actually (completely fully, all titles downloaded and installed including H5 beta) ready to play. Crazy but almost expected this gen. Gone are the days of just coming home and starting up a game you just bought.

You actually have to wait for every title to finish before you can play H5 beta too.

If there is actually a problem with X1 install times (not sure but there's been whining on GAF) MS needs to work on it. I am not sure if it's a problem or it just takes that long to download and install all that data. Also X1 does not really differentiate between downloading something and installing something, and that's confusing and annoying and feels like they're trying to trick you imo.

So I finally got around to playing MP (BTB, because that's my thing). Because each match switches between game engines (e.g. one match is H2, the next H4, the next H3, etc), I'm finding the experience to be disjointed and awkward. While none of the game engines' control mechanics and movement archetypes are bad in and of themselves, they are different enough from one another so as to feel awkward going from match to match.

I would have preferred that 343 (or Certain Affinity) just ported all the previous games' maps to the H4 engine so the player only had to deal with one set of control mechanics and movement archetypes. I guess there may have been technical difficulties with that approach though.

Of course *facepalm* and i missed the chance to get the "free" H3:ODST, still 4 games should be enough to co-op with the kid.

Well local co-op works, but why is it so badly implemented, start a game in SP mode, no joining for any other, but you can start from scratch, lose the SP save and then play co-op, what the frak.

@NRP I'm not certain but I think they might have MP Playlists that are split out by gametype and game-engine, such as BTB H4 or BTB H3. I haven't gone into the MP side yet.

The reason they kept the maps within each specific engine was to pacify the long-time MP players who have memorized all the individual quirks of the original Maps on the original game Engine. If they ported them all to H4 engine, they would have complaints about how the maps no longer play the same because quirk XYZ isn't there.

I would have preferred that 343 (or Certain Affinity) just ported all the previous games' maps to the H4 engine so the player only had to deal with one set of control mechanics and movement archetypes. I guess there may have been technical difficulties with that approach though.
Dropping one game's gameplay into another game's maps doesn't work. They tried something similar with CEA (Reach integration), it was a joke.

Back