Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Been having a blast with TMCC playing only the Sp campaigns since monday.
They did a pretty decent job on Halo 3 and a great job on Halo2 Anniversary. Hopefully I will have broadband at my home in the next month so I can get into the multiplayer.

I have been playing Halo CEA lately and I ran into something odd. In the Truth and Reconciliation level after killing all the enemies I was in a corridor with my soldiers and I decided to switch the graphics back to original version.
The soldiers started saying comments when I switched like "what the" and "crap" and "whoa". There is no action happening noone shooting nothing. Is it possible they added this into the code of the game? Or is it just a coincidence?

Sounds like an Easter Egg :) Find another area where's there no combat and try switching again.

So far it only works in that one section of truth and reconciliation with a certain group of marines that has the Johnson character in it. I tried it later on in the same level after those soldiers died and I released the prisoners and captain keys they wont react to it at all.

Maybe just random then. That would be an cool easter egg :)

Anyone tried equipping the Boom skull yet? I played Truth and Reconciliation Legendary with Boom equipped and boy did it make the level harder. Tons of selfsplosions, co-opsplosions and a lot of Keyesplosions.

Boom also seemed to make the Hunter's melee range twice as large (Boom makes explosion radius 2x) which means you cannot use the classic Hunter shimmy technique when fighting them.

OK I was finally able to get broadband installed at my house. I downloaded the day one patch for halo tmcc fairly easily.
Now I have a problem with Halo 2 anniversary campaign every time I save and quit and come back to play the game I get a black screen with sound and music.
When I pause the game I get the pause screen with the title in the background.
Restarting the game doesn't help I have to start the mission from the beginning. Anyone had this issue?

Edit found the fix. Press the select button to switch the graphics to the original version then switch back to remaster and it fixes it

Last edited:
OK I was finally able to get broadband installed at my house. I downloaded the day one patch for halo tmcc

How is it? I wonder whether the increased framerate helps with Halo because of its slower-paced play. Can you play multiplayer with randomised maps from any of the games, or do you actually have to load each one separately? I'm also interested to hear if the suit mods introduced in the later games can be applied to the MP of the earlier games.

How is it? I wonder whether the increased framerate helps with Halo because of its slower-paced play. Can you play multiplayer with randomised maps from any of the games, or do you actually have to load each one separately? I'm also interested to hear if the suit mods introduced in the later games can be applied to the MP of the earlier games.
Sorry I haven't tried to play any online MP yet. I am purchasing live tomorrow I will let you know how my fist Halo mp experience is.

I wonder what constitutes "playing"? I tried to play MP a few times, but quit out after about 5 minutes of waiting to find a game. So have I "played" the MCC?

It's probably irrelevant anyway. The only interest I have in ODST is Firefight, and it sounds like they are only delivering the SP campaign.

So ODST is coming to X1 as well? Wow!

eNnBY.jpg

So excite. :eek:

I always did like the setpieces in the game. The insects are still the worst part though.

----

Lack of Firefight is an odd one, on a technical level that is.

Suspicious at worst. ahem.

I wonder what constitutes "playing"? I tried to play MP a few times, but quit out after about 5 minutes of waiting to find a game. So have I "played" the MCC?

Maybe it checks your achievements?

Yeah, I wonder why no Firefight with ODST? Is it a technical reason, or does 343i just not understand what people loved about Halo. From what I've seen if their efforts thus far, I fear it's the latter.

I really hope they take the opportunity to fix the gamma and sound; those issues would hurt ODST even more than they hurt Halo 3, and it's possibly they could port the fixes back into Halo 3 proper.

Gamma issues?
Sorry, "gamma" isn't the right term. They're using a brightness curve that washes out the image, reducing contrast from above and below. I suppose it's "yay no more black crush", but Halo 3 is supposed to be high-contrast and have dark areas.

Back