Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

How do those of you who clinged on feel about Halo 4 MP, and 343s handling of it now?

Would you say they've stuck with the learning curve and are doing good now?

Are things looking better for Halo 5?

Halo MP last existed as Reach. The Halo 4 MP is absolutely horrible.

It'll be good to be able to play real Halo MP again when the Halo:MCC hits. I doubt we'll be playing any of the Halo 4 MP at all.

Yeah, I have played only about 10 hours of Halo 4 competitive multiplayer, whereas I would have played at least 100 hours each of Halo 1,2,3 & Reach's MP.

343 tried to CODify the multiplayer and they basically ruined it, the feel of the gameplay and the gun handling also feels off.
When I play Halo with my friends we stick with Reach, which has probably has the best multiplayer of the series.

Ironically, Halo fans will probably be better served by Destiny's competitive MP rather than Halo 5.

the changes 343 do not only to halo 4 mp i think... they way they present the story also different.

i can understand the story on Reach But im baffled with a lot of story points on halo 4 (in all of story points: cutscene, background dialogue, gameplay). There so many momen i just thinking "huh, what?"

You know it is quite odd, I havent even tried Halo4 Mp.
I did enjoy the single player. I thought the story telling was ok.
As much as I love Halo 2 & 3's gameplay I was glad to have a single player expeirence without dual wielding. Im all for dual wielding in multiplayer though.

Microsoft insists Master Chief remains "integral" part of Halo 5: Guardians

Eurogamer have an article up with some news about Guardians, particularly playable characters.

Potential spoilers ahead! :runaway:

Eurogamer have an article up with some news about Guardians, particularly playable characters.

Potential spoilers ahead! :runaway:
I didn't know who Agent Locke was to be honest. I had just heard of him but didn't know where he came from. I just hope that the Master Chief is playable again.

What about him and Cortana? There are still many things left unsaid.

Some additional news:

Halo Combat Evolved will get custom playlists -say you want to save a playlist where you play with other people not using the radar- and weapon sets like the PC version. :smile2:

http://www.totalxbox.com/81635/halo...custom-playlists-and-weapon-sets-on-xbox-one/

There's a choice of arsenals, too, reflecting the inclusion of content from the PC version of the game. "You'll be able to select your weapon set in Halo: CE from a brand new list of weapon sets, including "classic," which will not include the Flamethrower or Fuel Rod Gun."

image_41820_fit_940.jpg

image_41819_fit_940.jpg

Warlock remade and revealed for Halo 2 Anniversary. The map looks very cute.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/warlock-revealed-final-remade-map-halo-2-anniversary/

c3a659267358f7783effedd23e9675abd5877a0441d56312105f5a0ea286f2e8_large.jpg

H2A Campaign at 1328x1080. Curiously tucked away in the bonus info section. Every other game and mode is at full 1080p/60 including H2A multiplayer. Presumably the resolution limitation with campaign is due to the option which allows "instant" switching between old and new graphics/sounds. I wonder how many people would have preferred the same delay that was present in H1A to get 1920, or even dump switching all together. I'm guessing it looks decent enough at that res for the avg consumer not to really notice the difference. Shouldn't have to wait too much longer to see how that looks. I've long wondered how that compares to 1600x900, and if other studios shouldn't have experimented with non-square pixels.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...o-the-master-chief-collection-story-ign-first

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't really understand that. If there were hits to texture quality or some such business, that would be understandable. But resolution? Is it like this because the rendering is somewhat pipelined and memory management is tricky? Are they literally rendering both graphical layers simultaneously? Is H2A's graphics at 1080p60 actually too big of a cost, and they're just listing one of the challenges as if it were an exhaustive list?

I still don't really understand that. If there were hits to texture quality or some such business, that would be understandable. But resolution? Is it like this because the rendering is somewhat pipelined and memory management is tricky? Are they literally rendering both graphical layers simultaneously?

Pretty much that's how they did it in H:CE-A.

Personally, I wish they'd shit can the whole "old graphics-new graphics" switching ability. You only look at it once or twice, decide the old graphics really do look terrible, then never switch back again. Seems like a lot of work for almost no gain.

Evidently they are maintaining render surfaces for both old and new pipelines active simultaneously to allow switching between modes to be "instant". H:CE A didn't do that, it literally did an asset swap and redraw so there was a black screen that would appear for a sec or two while that occurred.

I'm thinking the diff between 1328 and 1920 isn't really going to be super noticeable but what do I know. Definitely want to see it.

God I miss Halo 1, such an utterly fantastic game in every respect. I've made many far better screens of Halo CE though... they could do better with the promotion :)

And of course how can anyone forget the fantastic MP... after play Destiny multiplayer for a bit it just makes me miss the Halo multiplayer. Destiny lacks so many things that even the first Halo MP game had....

Customizable modes, level select (I know, amazing), weapon sets, and vehicles that are actually interesting and fun to drive. And something Destiny does incredibly poorly that does not at all match what I expected from Bungie: balanced multiplayer.

There are so many exploitative weapons and abilities in Destiny (see: auto-rifles which are the most overpowered weapons in the game at all ranges) that it just makes me miss the simplicity of Halo multiplayer. Every has the same starting equipment, everyone has the same opportunities to control the map, everyone starts off with equal grenades.

Destiny is an incredible step back from the Halo series in terms of player-driven multiplayer and that is a shame.

I totally agree, rockaman. I just miss the sound of 16 pistols cocking at the start of a match during the LAN parties I ran at my house back in the day.

I totally agree, rockaman. I just miss the sound of 16 pistols cocking at the start of a match during the LAN parties I ran at my house back in the day.

Bring it in for a hug bro. Taking me all the way back! Damn I can't wait for TMCC! :runaway:

Wow, that's nuts. You might have some very very very good memories from that.

I am sure I am going to let a little tear drip down my cheeks when I start Halo 2 again -it was my first game of my 1st console, a Xbox Crystal-. :cry:

I know that for many people, Halo 1: CE is amazing, but Halo 2 was my first Xbox game and the one I began to play when I got the console, and I was so impressed by its graphics and loved it so much that I never forgot.

For me Halo 2 was the pinnacle of the series and the mirror the other games should look at, because of that --though this is not a general opinion, I think.

Btw, Halo The Masterchief Collection is gold already! :smile: I pre-ordered it online, with the Boom Skull bonus, it cost me 65€, it is downloading.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-halo-gone-gold-announcement

A word from the developers.

26 more sleeps!

Lastly, I’d like to extend my heartfelt thanks to you, our fans. Development of a game is always hard, but Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been the most challenging of my career. No team has really attempted a project like this, and the number of moving pieces has been staggering. The development team at 343 Industries has been working hard alongside our partners to make this happen and, at every step, you have been there for us. Whether it’s with encouraging words at events, or via messages on Twitter, I can tell you that your feedback is crucial and fuels our drive to make Halo: The Master Chief Collection the best it can be.

Back