Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
20130830_halo_4.jpg

en-INTL_L_Xbox_One_Halo_29G-00530_mnco.jpg

The new Halo is going to be designed exclusively for the Xbox One. There is a rumour going on which says that Halo Xbox One is a new story entry.

The Microsoft Store outlined the plot already.

Master Chief continues his hero's quest
Halo for Xbox One takes the now-legendary saga to new heights and is one of the most anticipated games for the new console. In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.
The game is listed at 59,99$ and planned to be released 12/31/2014.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Halo-for-Xbox-One/productID.286029500

New logo, updated September 1 2013.

halo5_610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that an XbOne image?
Any teaser, trailer or screenshot or concept art?
No, it's not RenegadeRocks. :smile2: It's just a random image I found on the net from a previous Halo game.

It's certainly easier to find images of games these days on the net than having to look for them on the magazine rack... I still have some of those consoles magazines on paper though. Good memories.

Bah ! I thought we would have some cool trailer in coming or something :) ! Halo trailers are always cool, at least the Bungie ones were always !

Bah ! I thought we would have some cool trailer in coming or something :) ! Halo trailers are always cool, at least the Bungie ones were always !
he he, not that fast, I am just paving the way for a future trailer, screens, etc, and we should have new info as we go along.

What "new" story? In case anyone missed out on Halo 4, it was basically "A New Hope" -

Chief destroyed the equivalent of the Death Star (the Composer) but not before Vader (the Didact) has escaped after losing their duel; and along the way the saga's version of Obi-Wan has sacrificed herself (Cortana).

Yeah there are many differences to SW, and we can expect the larger mythology involving the Flood and the Forerunners to become more important again. But H5 might still be something close to Empire; it seemed to me that the main issue for most people was H4 playing it a bit too safe and familiar.

So, Chief's cracked visor already suggests some tough love and I wouldn't be surprised to see 343 go even further, like crippling him at the end of the game. Then of course in H6 he would become even more superhuman ;)

Release date might be fall 2014 though, the tech they've built seemed quite easily scalable to a new platform. They're big enough so that a preprod team could have started on the new episode well before H4's release and they're probably in full production by now with prototypes up and running (at least their confidence in 60fps suggests that).

I hope Laa-Yosh's team does the CG work for the next Halo. That was about the only part of H4 that I liked.

Oh come on now, how could you not absolutely love the dialog of the Spartan Ops chapters? :runaway:

Laa_Yosh, I didn't read the spoiler part because I just began to play Halo 4 quite recently although I shouldn't be stuck with it for all eternity... It just might take some time. I am pretty sure it has to be some really interesting stuff though.

The updated version of the E3 trailer featuring Halo shows a new Halo 5 logo.

halo5_610.jpg

You can watch the new trailer here:

http://vimeo.com/73374802

That was for the game IMHO, as the TV series probably wouldn't feature Chief and current events.
They've also talked about the game after the trailer. And besides, there's probably no material for the TV show at this point at all and they're just figuring stuff out.

I'm really curious to see what 343i will bring to Halo 5, Halo 4 was a pretty good game overall IMO and while 343i nailed some basics like the controls, gunplay and the whole feel of Master Chief there were some unfortunate decisions on both the SP and MP - the prometheans and their weaponry need work, they should bump up the enemy AI, the scale of Halo 3 should be back now that they work with the XB1 hardware, Spartan Ops will have to improve tremendously or bring back Firefight and MP should go as much as it can back to basics (though it is hard after what Bungie introduced with Reach).

Halo 5 will be the true test of 343i IMO and considering how much potential Halo 4 showed we could see something special, the only things that I'm worried about is the~2 year dev cycle and the 60fps target.

I think that Halo 5 is the most important game in the series since Halo 2, hopefully 343i will be able to deliver an amazing game and debut next gen with a bang.

I hope the new game is more open. The best of Halo has been the larger, open battles with multiple factions and hot spots, and tons of vehicles.

Bungie were heading in the right direction with Halo 3. Tsavo Highway was a great level. The open Spartan Ops maps in 4 were terrible.

Not sure if people are aware but the Halo TV series is being produced by Spielberg. I wonder if down the line they make a Halo movie. Couple years ago Peter Jackson was supposed to be making a Halo movie but the deal fell through for whatever reason.

Not sure if people are aware but the Halo TV series is being produced by Spielberg. I wonder if down the line they make a Halo movie. Couple years ago Peter Jackson was supposed to be making a Halo movie but the deal fell through for whatever reason.
This also brings me hope that the new Halo is going to be 3D capable

Back