Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Ok then, I take back what I said.
dont need to take it back. Lol it’s not that detailed. I think looking graphical details, need to be looking for things. They avoided speaking on the topic.

dont need to take it back. Lol it’s not that detailed. I think looking graphical details, need to be looking for things. They avoided speaking on the topic.

What I took on the topic was basically the engine did not really have render tech and Devs were pulled in to provide the render features required, and wait till next week when they will have a better person to talk about the engine.

What I took on the topic was basically the engine did not really have render tech and Devs were pulled in to provide the render features required, and wait till next week when they will have a better person to talk about the engine.
yea it will be interesting! It was nice to see the effort and work behind putting a trailer together. Lots to think about when it comes down to composing something to get some jaded fans *cough* Al *cough* back into the fight

• Mjolnir ver 12(.1)
  • Mjolnir GenIII
  • Mention of Halsey last tweaking the software circa 2561
2019-06-09.png MA37_Assault_Rifle.png

Anyways.

So what sort of A.I. pre-order unlocks will there be to enchant your armour throughout the game :V
*ahem*
:p

Chief: "I'm sorry Cortana, I've moved onto another A.I. We cannot be together!"
Cortana: "But I chose youuuuuuuuuuuuu"

Last edited:
They showed nothing, a 5min cutscene that looked current gen graphically with the most boring sequence you could choreograph and that's MS' way of taking E3 to next level...
Well at least it looked much better than Halo 5.

The disappointment of the show. They should have shown gameplay, even if it was a 5 seconds clip.

Halo 5 was released 4 years ago. What did they do in 4 years ?

Also the textures / PBR materials looked off, a bit 'artificial', 'plastic' looking.

Halo 5 was released 4 years ago. What did they do in 4 years ?

They needed to figure out if they had the balls to ret-con Halo 4 and Halo 5 as never ever happening? They do not. We are sad at their lack of fortitude.

All they had to do in this Halo Infinity trailer was show Master Chief being found adrift at the end of Halo 3, then have him and Cortana say "I just had the weirdest dream!".

Yeah I noticed that,the chiefs armour looked like plastic.

Could the more informed of you guys tell if they were using ray tracing?
In such a closed environment you can go either way and reproduce the same results. The place to look though is when the lights go off and chiefs helmets flash lights go on. There might be some evidence there if you go diving.

The trailer effin pumped me up...nothing better than the HALO soundtrack!

Same.

I think I had a different reaction to the trailer from most in that I wasn't expecting gameplay. I was more interested to try to see what direction Halo was going to go in and whether 343i finally "gets" what Halo is.

This trailer feels more like Halo than the entirety of either Halo 4 or 5.

The trailer gives me hope that 343i might finally understand and maybe we'll finally get a real Halo game out of them. Still, I'm tempering my expectations. Until they prove that they "get it" I'm not going to get my hopes up TOO high.

But at least for now, I have some hope that 343i might be able to make a real Halo game. Something I haven't felt since before they started to show stuff for Halo 4.

Regards,
SB

This trailer main purpose (at least from 343 perspective and from reading their blog post) is to show that they have what looks like a pretty competent in house engine which is nothing to sneeze at given that every other MS studio is using UE4 now (besides Turn10 & PG for Forza Horizon). UE4 which has yet to wow me and which is definitely not suited for what Halo is aiming to be (large scale fast paced gameplay + cinematic content locked at 60fps on all Xbox SKUs)

Did some diving.

There could possibly be some 'low' grade reflections. @Ike Turner : or other folks got better clue what's happening will be able to better determine.

In particular the dudes eyes (his right eye) when he's holding the hologram, you can see 3 white dots in his eyes. As soon as the hologram disappears it switches to 2. The shadows and lighting were also fairly good with it not clipping around his fingers etc. The way the hologram lights up the ship in the background but his own shadow obscures the light and grows in size in a very proper way is curious and could use some attention of more senior folks here.

Chiefs helmet is the second place I looked for reflections, that one was tougher to determine. I can't tell if it's cubic, because a scene this small can use a cube map. But when the lights go off the position of the lights on the floor do somewhat line up.

I didn't see anything that was definitive, but there are some possibilities. Overall I felt that lighting, global illumination, and shadows are above what we can offer in the current generation of hardware (X1X). Though I could be wrong it's subtle, but it looks like it's there; but given how small the room is, it can easily be faked.

will post clips/gifs alter to my references. Gotta eat some grub.

Last edited:
Did some diving.

There could possibly be some 'low' grade reflections. @Ike Turner : or other folks got better clue what's happening will be able to better determine.

In particular the dudes eyes (his right eye) when he's holding the hologram, you can see 3 white dots in his eyes. As soon as the hologram disappears it switches to 2. The shadows and lighting were also fairly good with it not clipping around his fingers etc. The way the hologram lights up the ship in the background but his own shadow obscures the light and grows in size in a very proper way is curious and could use some attention of more senior folks here.

Chiefs helmet is the second place I looked for reflections, that one was tougher to determine. I can't tell if it's cubic, because a scene this small can use a cube map. But when the lights go off the position of the lights on the floor do somewhat line up.

I didn't see anything that was definitive, but there are some possibilities. Overall I felt that lighting, global illumination, and shadows are above what we can offer in the current generation of hardware (X1X). Though I could be wrong it's subtle, but it looks like it's there; but given how small the room is, it can easily be faked.

will post clips/gifs alter to my references. Gotta eat some grub.
IMO & just based on what I see in this trailers there doesn't seem to be any hint of RT being use (I could be totally wrong though). The dot you see in the eye is just the specular reflection of the hologram's point light (similar to the other specular reflections of the other light sources on his eyes) The IQ was perfectly stable (didn't really see any temporal artifacts as seen in practically every RT implementation yet which would have been the result of denoising for example). Frankly the lighting is relatively simple, DOF was atrocious etc. Something like the Last of Us Part 2 looks more impressive. But then again different technically goals and type of games and release dates. Halo is still ways off. RDR2 has shown everybody that you can have superb shadowing without much problem (as long have you have the budget and competent devs).The most interesting thing to me was the hologram which I guess is using a mesh generated using Microsoft volumetric capture system (super fast/easy solution for this type of stuff). It would save a shit ton of animation dev time & money if all holograms where done this way in the game (Cortana...).

IMO & just based on what I see in this trailers there doesn't seem to be any hint of RT being use (I could be totally wrong though). The dot you see in the eye is just the specular reflection of the hologram's point light (similar to the other specular reflections of the other light sources on his eyes) The IQ was perfectly stable (didn't really see any temporal artifacts as seen in practically every RT implementation yet which would have been the result of denoising for example). Frankly the lighting is relatively simple, DOF was atrocious etc. Something like the Last of Us Part 2 looks more impressive. But then again different technically goals and type of games and release dates. Halo is still ways off. RDR2 has shown everybody that you can have superb shadowing without much problem (as long have you have the budget and competent devs).The most interesting thing to me was the hologram which I guess is using a mesh generated using Microsoft volumetric capture system (super fast/easy solution for this type of stuff).
Yea the lighting of the hologram appeared directional to me, which I thought was funny. It didn't seem to light the environment 360 as I would expect it to.

Back