Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

MS is wrong for shooting for native resolution and 60fps (or even insane 120fps) on consoles. Console gamers dont really know the difference, while visuals sell the games on the other hand. You have bunch of people demanding 60fps, and when you put 60fps game out, they say it looks worse then 30fps ones. Bizzare, and tells you they should never aim for 60fps and native 4k. 2k checkerboard + 30fps with low latency and we are hitting CGI levels.

MS is wrong for shooting for native resolution and 60fps (or even insane 120fps) on consoles.
They are wrong for doing it, considering that there are a handful of TVs right now, that do 120hz in anyway.
It is in my opinion wasted graphics budget, that could be spent elsewhere.
Then again, you know, opinions... :p

they showed gears 5 running 4K/60 already and looking beautiful. There is something with that halo demo, it's not representative.
For the new console, no.
For the game itself, it is definitively representative, since it is the only thing we have.
If I had to guess, it is a game designed for current gen, with 4K60 (and perhaps some RT depending on the relative performance RDNA2 can provide) on next gen.
Honestly though, who cares...?!
It's Halo, it looks to be back to the roots, and graphics mean very little if the game and the story are good.

Not the best showing to be honest but there's still time to improve in some areas.
V9fiBBJ.gif
Yea that caught my eye right away.

LOL my mind was confused as heck watching the gameplay trailer.

I plays a lot of destiny. So first part of the gameplay trailer makes my brain thinks it's destiny patrol zone and was confused with the titan shield LOL. Then chief starts to climb across with wire without hitting invisible wall.

Oh this is halo infinite indeed!

The best thing about it...

The grappling hook that doesn't require specific "grappling hook locations" like with most games that try to implement a grappling hook nowadays.

It looks to work more like a Q2 Threewave CTF grappling hook where it can attach to virtually anything. Yes that's REALLY specific, but I used to play a lot of that CTF mod in Q2 competitively.

Now if you can also release it at any time and redeploy it at any time like the aforementioned mod, I'd be in 7th heaven. Basically it would allow map traversal unlike any game made in the past 2+ decades. Although I guess the most recent Spiderman game would allow for similar but different style of map traversal with Spidey's webslinging.

Regards,
SB

The best thing about it...

The grappling hook that doesn't require specific "grappling hook locations" like with most games that try to implement a grappling hook nowadays.

It looks to work more like a Q2 Threewave CTF grappling hook where it can attach to virtually anything. Yes that's REALLY specific, but I used to play a lot of that CTF mod in Q2 competitively.

Now if you can also release it at any time and redeploy it at any time like the aforementioned mod, I'd be in 7th heaven. Basically it would allow map traversal unlike any game made in the past 2+ decades. Although I guess the most recent Spiderman game would allow for similar but different style of map traversal with Spidey's webslinging.

Regards,
SB

LOL my mind was confused as heck watching the gameplay trailer.

I plays a lot of destiny. So first part of the gameplay trailer makes my brain thinks it's destiny patrol zone and was confused with the titan shield LOL. Then chief starts to climb across with wire without hitting invisible wall.

Oh this is halo infinite indeed!

It looks like Destiny with better graphics and more colorful to me. Destiny has the best feeling gunplay so that excites me. 343 is kinda related to Bungie or something, right?

I'm almost scared to say it but the graphics look good to me. The environments I suppose could be criticized, but the plasma effects and enemy character models look great. Compare this to Halo 5.

Oh well it's the usual dual nature o the internet. "Lockhart will not hold anything back" Give me 60 FPS or give me death" followed by"Halo is being held back". "Halo Infinite graphics dont look good enough". Well, 60 FPS aint free man.

Think of 60 FPS 4k is pushing 8x! pixels of 1080/30. Granted, I'm sure XOne wont be running near 4k...

:love: Titanfall .

If they were going to try for some fast traversal in the Halo universe, it would have to be with a special forces without massive armor, more like an ODST level troop. The Spartan Armors are just too heavy to see pulling off these grappling parkour maneuvers..

MS is wrong for shooting for native resolution and 60fps (or even insane 120fps) on consoles. Console gamers dont really know the difference, while visuals sell the games on the other hand. You have bunch of people demanding 60fps, and when you put 60fps game out, they say it looks worse then 30fps ones. Bizzare, and tells you they should never aim for 60fps and native 4k. 2k checkerboard + 30fps with low latency and we are hitting CGI levels.

Preach!

Of course not every game should be 30 FPS, multiplayer portions and driving simulators etc.

At least 3rd party games can take advantage of XSX.

Yup that's really close to capturing the feel of it. But the best part which I didn't see (granted I didn't watch the entire thing yet) was being able to detach and rapidly reattach in mid-air...multiple times. Basically if you were good you could start at your flag, move across the map (small corridors and rooms) grab their flag and return and cap it without ever touching the ground.

Regards,
SB

Yup that's really close to capturing the feel of it. But the best part which I didn't see (granted I didn't watch the entire thing yet) was being able to detach and rapidly reattach in mid-air...multiple times. Basically if you were good you could start at your flag, move across the map (small corridors and rooms) grab their flag and return and cap it without ever touching the ground.

Regards,
SB

yeah, when i was playing TF2 almost every day, using the hook was CRAZY awesome. the ridiculous mobility is ridiculously fun and satisfying. I LOOOVE using it to troll enemies hahaha (and just left my titan somewhere in a corner or nook and cranny in Defend mode).

Tweet deleted. What did we miss?

Tommy McClain

upload_2020-7-24_10-1-11.png

links to

TL;DW:
its Destiny
(there's main mission, there's patrol zone)

EDIT:
so after a bunch of Destiny killer dies (ehm, Athem, ehm)... The new destiny killer will be a clone of destiny.

and from the gameplay video with the handheld wire, it does look to play better than destiny :D

Tweet deleted. What did we miss?

Tommy McClain
weird.
basically it was a tweet to Alanah Pearce who did the back interview with 343 afterwards. You're looking at an older build is what she said.
I'll just link directly

Overall, like i'm watching and if Halo is to launch in Nov? they would have needed to lock content around January. Then they would have about a year of Q&A and bug fixing. So there would be rapid improvement in visuals leading up till launch. Hopefully all the issues around texturing, pop-ins, hitching, frame rate, and shadows are all resolved by then.

The gameplay is solid though as I watch through it a few more times. I've got the negativity out of my system so I can focus on the game now. I've seen bad FPS campaigns and this isn't among them. At least there's no walking around slow narrative shit that kills me in every COD/BF/Metro/ETC title I've ever attempted playing. All the stuff I normally hate is gone, I hate narrative more and more, sitting through watching BJW in Wolfenstein etc, and I guess its' jarring to not have it, people are used to being given that golden camera shot right before you play with curated epic fighting pieces. And that's just not Halo and in many ways that grinding people's expectations. This is very much a Halo game, and Halo visuals are extremely simplistic in nature. And this is a step in the right direction imo. If they can resolve the main issues, the product will be very good. I'm fairly confident people will enjoy the gameplay here

Alanah interviews Aaron Greenberg & even asked why ray tracing wasn't coming at launch.

Was hoping she would spill the beans on her questions with 343, but it seems she's saving that for later.

Here's some Halo Infinite highlights from her on Inside Gaming Daily.

Tommy McClain

weird.
basically it was a tweet to Alanah Pearce who did the back interview with 343 afterwards. You're looking at an older build is what she said.
I'll just link directly

Overall, like i'm watching and if Halo is to launch in Nov? they would have needed to lock content around January. Then they would have about a year of Q&A and bug fixing. So there would be rapid improvement in visuals leading up till launch. Hopefully all the issues around texturing, pop-ins, hitching, frame rate, and shadows are all resolved by then.

The gameplay is solid though as I watch through it a few more times. I've got the negativity out of my system so I can focus on the game now. I've seen bad FPS campaigns and this isn't among them. At least there's no walking around slow narrative shit that kills me in every COD/BF/Metro/ETC title I've ever attempted playing. All the stuff I normally hate is gone, I hate narrative more and more, sitting through watching BJW in Wolfenstein etc, and I guess its' jarring to not have it, people are used to being given that golden camera shot right before you play with curated epic fighting pieces. And that's just not Halo and in many ways that grinding people's expectations. This is very much a Halo game, and Halo visuals are extremely simplistic in nature. And this is a step in the right direction imo. If they can resolve the main issues, the product will be very good. I'm fairly confident people will enjoy the gameplay here

Underwhelming visually, innovatively, and otherwise? Absolutely. But, quite possibly fun, which is the main thing.

Back