Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

well its july 28th and mixer exclusive sooooo

I dunno if it will break sony's views. Sony had the first reveal of the console in it , we have seen xbox for months at this point. But I still think it will be a lot of views
Mixer exclusive?
LOL. Common man there’s no way. July 28, perhaps. But mixer? Aren’t they changing hands by then?

Yea it’s unlikely to break Sony’s views; I chose this one to friendly gamble on in which insider information would still place members on relatively equal ground.

They have no chance at being over if it’s on Mixer only.

Mixer exclusive?
LOL. Common man there’s no way. July 28, perhaps. But mixer? Aren’t they changing hands by then?

Yea it’s unlikely to break Sony’s views; I chose this one to friendly gamble on in which insider information would still place members on relatively equal ground.

Mixer will close the 22th July.

Last edited:
Spenser confirmed that we'll get Halo gameplay the July event in the gamelab interview. "They've taken onboard feedback" from the June stream, so it'll be actual gameplay. :smile:

Last edited:
Mixer exclusive?

it was a joke based on mixer closing before that date. I was implying since it was closed there would be zero views

nice little tease here, some very nice in-engine smoke effects and lighting on display. Not sure if that's ray traced there, but quite nice, chiefs armour is usually not reflective so your'e only going to get that type of effect in this type of setup.

this new image of chief also looking a bit more proper. Armor looking like it's fitting in well with the lighting of the scene good DOF. Excited for next week to see this all released.

Last edited:
Still no reflection in his visor, doubt Raytracing is in. I also reckon his armor should be more reflective to get more pop, especially when running down a hallway with lights and ember flickering, dancing over it for that nextgen feel. If we can get RT on Clank then it should be done on Chief also.

Still no reflection in his visor, doubt Raytracing is in. I also reckon his armor should be more reflective to get more pop, especially when running down a hallway with lights and ember flickering, dancing over it for that nextgen feel. If we can get RT on Clank then it should be done on Chief also.
Could be selective RT or hacky forms of it. It’s sort of silly there is a reflection on it from a military standpoint, everyone could see you a mile away. It’s why soldiers wear their watches inwards to not reflect light into their enemies and give away position but I digress.

the welding of 117 was very accurate diffuse reflection with the particles also reflecting and losing their luminance in the reflection as it moves away from the welding point but keeping bright in the light; RT is capable of this (very expensive to do diffuse reflections); traditional T&L maybe? I believe for nonRT to compute this would have to be a very specifically designed hack would be required for this and that part only. Because chiefs armour is not a reflective surface. And you’re only going to achieve that type of proper reflective lighting as specific angles and a dark room setup like that. A diffuse reflection is not easy to pull off.

so I’m not convinced it’s a hack, a lot of work for a teaser.

and the other thing here is that the smoke is lit by the welding, or in this case a dynamic light and it's tinted blue by the welder. That's something I haven't seen before. Which when the main light goes on, you still see a tint of blue as the welder goes off and then it gains the colour of black smoke as the standard lights turn on.

And I dare say, it almost looks like the smoke from welding is also reflected, but this is harder to tell.

All in all, this is not something I've personally seen in the generation of in-engine type effects, even if this fidelity is only for cutscenes, I've not seen it.

I need to put out the bat symbol from some extra experience from senior rendering members here to weigh in. And our resident game engine inspector @Dictator

Last edited:
Apparently since social media likes are the new metric, Halo Infinite is smashing up. More likes than Cyberpunk or TLOU2 supposedly. Yesterday's countdown recieved over 100k likes in 24 hrs

EdOc9uPXsAEmk-e

I do think a few years layoff can do wonders to revitalize a series hype. That and various Halo's/MCC tearing it up on steam lately has probably helped the hype.

But as has been discussed, not so sure it'll be reflected in lofty boxed sales or sales at all, since it's gamepass.

Last edited:
Back