Halo Animes...

OK, I found this much more interesting than the just announced WoW movie adaptation in the PC games forum...

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59664

Microsoft today announced "Halo Legends," a collection of short films produced by various Japanese animation houses, including those responsible for Ghost in the Shell, Blood: The Last Vampire, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist and Dragon Ball.

YUM YUM...

And TOEI is evidently making a Japanese "comedy" anime parody of Halo. Cool stuff.

I loved GITS, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist and Dragon Ball series, so looking forward to see what they do with Halo.

Regards,
SB

Can't wait to see them all. :)

Interesting...er... space vehicles that they're riding in the poster. :LOL:

"Halo Waypoint," said to be a new information hub that will provide fans with related news, activities, behind-the-scenes videos, screenshots, podcasts, and so forth along with "a career system and player rankings tied to both in-game and out-of-game accomplishments related to Halo."

out-of-game accomplishments :?: hmmm..................

I'm so stoked about it myself. The Halo Waypoint thing sounds really cool!

Tommy McClain

Could Halo Legends on Bluray be one reason why the new Xbox 360+ rumors with Bluray might be legit? Would be kinda sad for Microsoft to release an exlcusive franchise on a disc format that only their competitor has the ability to play.

Tommy McClain

Yeah, I guess go. Just something about Halo on disc format that they don't support seems somewhat wrong. ;)

Tommy McClain

For me it isn't about Halo, it's about the animation companies doing the shorts.

For example I'm not at all interested in a rumored Halo movie although I'd probably end up seeing it just because I like Sci-Fi.

Regards,
SB

Then it is in the wrong forum. Should we have threads on Halo books and Halo slurpees too? ;)

I put it here since the only similar thread is in PC games for the WoW movie. And I'm much more interested in this than a WoW movie.

Figured other's might like it also, but...shrug. If mods felt it was out of place, I'm sure they would have relocated it.

Mod : Indeed we would!

Regards,
SB

New Halo Waypoint Details

343 Industries unveiled new details on Halo Waypoint today...

Evidently it will have daily programming...

Mondays - Spotlight
Tuesdays - Beyond the Games
Wednesdays - Community Day
Thursdays - Machinima
Fridays - Strategy
Saturdays - Halo Legends
Sundays - Fiction

Check the website for more details...

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/halowaypoint

banner_waypoint.png

Tommy McClain

Halo Legends I'm incredibly hyped for as I love Anime and they have some legendary teams working on some of the shorts.

Halo Waypoint seems interesting but I'm wondering if they'll be able to provide new material week after week for an extended period of time. It doesn't "sound" like it's a short time think (IE - For Holiday '09), but something that will be there longterm. I just wonder if they'll be able to keep new stuff coming in to sate the Halo fans out there.

Regards,
SB

These are coming out this year on LIVE right? and next year on BD?

Here's what I could find...

Halo Waypoint will also be the first place fans will have the chance to see episodes of Halo Legends, the series of shorts developed by Japanese animation studios. They'll be available to viewers for a limited time, debuting on Xbox Live as "events," not just dropped on the Xbox Live Video Marketplace.

"You'll be able to see episodes in their entirety via Waypoint in a staggered schedule," O'Connor explained. "Those events will be global—it will be in every Xbox territory—and we'll make those things sort of 'come participate' events."

Those events won't necessarily be debuting as if they were broadcast on television—you won't need to be at home at 8 PM to get your first peek at Halo Legends. That would be tough if you have a life—or you live in distant time zone.

"We'll find a window to make it fit and adjust that accordingly around the world," O'Connor said.

Still, make plans to be near your Xbox if you want to watch the anime series before it's released on DVD, Blu-ray and digital distribution next year. Waypoint will let you see it a lot sooner.

"The date is Fall, but it's sooner rather than later."

http://kotaku.com/5322449/halo-waypoint-further-detailed-by-microsoft

Tommy McClain

This looks a bit silly to me, I don't like the Japanese take on Halo art. Why didn't they just stick to the art style the Halo comics used?

It's strange that on one hand you have the ultra-realistic take on the universe with the live action ads and the Halo Wars cinematics and on the other hand you have cheesy, melodramatic 80s style Japanese animation.

504x_1_05.jpg

2gtax7a.jpg

halo_09-620x.jpg

I mean seriously, what the hell?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Anime by Japanese animation studio's you were expecting something other than Anime inspired visuals? I'd imagine they would have hit up Pixar or any other American/European animation studios if they were going for the hyper-realistic look.

That said, some of the teaser shots for these shorts range from REALLY silly (TOEI) to 3D CG animation (not sure which studio) to Fullmetal Alchemist/Cowboy Bepop style. It's all over the place.

Regards,
SB

Back