halo 2 pre-order reach 1.5million !

kyetech

Regular
And thats in the US alone. Finding this so astonoshing. they are sitting on a gold mine... wouldnt be surprised if globally in the first week, they gross 3billion dollars plus...

cant wait... ive pre ordered two copies myself... (my girlfreind wants it too). !! hehe.

kyetech said:
And thats in the US alone. Finding this so astonoshing. they are sitting on a gold mine... wouldnt be surprised if globally in the first week, they gross 3billion dollars plus...

cant wait... ive pre ordered two copies myself... (my girlfreind wants it too). !! hehe.

Huh??? 3 billion??? :LOL: :LOL:

"With only ONE game, we were able to pay off all our losses made ever since the Xbox came out, and made a 1billion profit!!!!"

Unless a game costs a grand, i don't think your numbers are right...

Where did you hear that? Last week MS spoke of ~750.000 preorders and i'd rather guess that a few preorders got canceled over the last 2 days instead of another 750.000 additional pre-orders in just 2 days.

MS did not quote 750k a week ago. It was not an official announcement, could have been from old info. It was said at least about a month ago. In fact, Seattle times said 1 million+ over a week ago. Higher ups at Gamestop have been quoting something like huge like 800k+ just for their company. Wind Waker had 750k and ask anyone that works at pretty much any gamestop, Halo 2 is way, way bigger.

gross is total income before deducting costs. so if they sell 5 million units globally in the first week $40 per unit. thats 250 million.

they will prob make alot more in its life time from total revenue of all merchandise and further game sales in the xbox life time.

any its lots of money. too much to imagine..

maybe 3 billion is a bit optimistic though..... hehe. :LOL:

Drop the attitude and next time don't pull numbers out of you a$$.
They'd have to sell 75million copies to reach 3billon revenue. Never gonna happen, especially in the first week.

wouldnt be surprised if globally in the first week, they gross 3billion dollars plus...

LEt's try to keep it a little more civil in this thread.

1.5 million preorders is a great number.

MS will not make $3 billion from Halo 2, but it may end up overall from the Halo franchise when all is said and done. You can never count out a movie in the future if MS continues that Halo granchise.

IIRC, this is how it goes:

750,000 = presold copies of Halo 2 worldwide (fully paid for by consumers)
1,500,000 = preordered copies of Halo 2 in North America

Whether the preorders are from stores or consumers, I do not know. But the numbers are not incompatible. You just have to read carefully.

It'll be interesting to see how many PS2 owners pick up an Xbox for Halo 2. I'm curious about the impact on hardware sales. If Xbox ends up in the 25 million units range, it's possible for Halo 2 to hit 10 million, which would generate $500 million in revenue. That's probably the upper limit though.

if they sell 5 million units globally in the first week $40 per unit. thats 250 million.

Little correction, that's $200 million not $250 million :)

If Xbox ends up in the 25 million units range, it's possible for Halo 2 to hit 10 million

I think the highest XBox can possibly get to is 20 million, even that seems extremely unlikely. What are the latest independent sold numbers for XBox (worldwide total numbers)?

Xbox has already sold around 17 million. I would be surprised if it doesn't hit 25 million over the entire lifecycle which will go beyond the launch of Xenon.

kyetech said:

:LOL:

Xbox has already sold around 17 million. I would be surprised if it doesn't hit 25 million over the entire lifecycle which will go beyond the launch of Xenon.

XBox will have shipped around 17 million but the sold number will be quite a bit under that.

Also I'd be very suprised if MS still manufacture XBox once XBox 2 is released.

DSN2K said:
xbox is around 15m units sitting in 3rd infact(due to japan ofcourse).

xbox wont break 20m this gen.

Im sorry but this is even worse than teh "3Billion comment" made on the original post.

Latest figures showed that Xbox was ahead of GC on a worldwide basis, it was with about 500 000 units. By end of fiscal year 2005 (for MS i think its june), Xbox will have passed 20 million units. Halo2 will surely boost the hardware sales. Xbox is at the moment in the 18 million range and with more than a half year left to the end of MS fiscal year... come on...

so... your comment.. pure caca... sorry...

Back