Halo 2 is finished.

Wish I could see the manufacturing of all the discs (right after the gold announcement, of course). :LOL:

It's interesting that they send it in the form of tapes. How do they test the disc performance if they don't burn DVDRs?

Anyways, how could they be kicking back?

Shouldn't they be furiously working on Halo3 for Xenon? :p

They are already working on a xenon engine for another game , but they will most likely have a week or two of vacation , once the holiday hits they are screwed .

wco81 said:
It's interesting that they send it in the form of tapes. How do they test the disc performance if they don't burn DVDRs?
Development Xboxes have a SCSI-port over which you can emulate the DVD drive (including their arbitrary slowness ;)).

Speaking of Marathon, I am just playing through the first one right now and it seems to me that Halo is pretty much the evolution of the ideas in Marathon (there are too many similarities) and the gameplay is not that different so you kind of are getting a new Marathon ;)

I haven't played it in like uh, I don't even remember when it was released. It's just one of those glorified nostalgia game memories I have :)

Yes, Halo and likely Halo2 are going to be marathon rehashed. Mind you, I thought the bullet lights winking out in magazine read out for marathon was neat, not to practical, but neat.

I want Oni!

Not really.

As someone who's not interested in FPS games, why is so much technology applied to a genre where the gameplay hasn't changed since the earliest examples of the genre?

I see people rushing past all those pretty corridors. Why do you need such background details when most players aren't really going to stop and admire the view?

I guess you're right. I mean who wants another Halo now?! :oops:

From the looks of things, the parochial third-person shooter has all but replaced its cosmopolitan first-person counterpart.

I tried to play Halo with a friend in network, but while practise-playing the first level I got so fucking bored with the idiotic labyrinthine layout of what was supposed to be a spaceship I simply gave up.

I heard people ridiculing the "library" level for its repetitive environments, but hell, it seems to be a trait common to the entire game. Also, it ran feckin slow and looked like ass too. Bad textures, poor geometry detail. And SLOW. *ptui*

Hopefully, Halo 2 has actual level design...

Guden Oden said:
I tried to play Halo with a friend in network, but while practise-playing the first level I got so fucking bored with the idiotic labyrinthine layout of what was supposed to be a spaceship I simply gave up.

whoa. :oops:

someone needs to either take a chill pill or just not play or pay attention to the game...

Guden Oden said:

I heard people ridiculing the "library" level for its repetitive environments, but hell, it seems to be a trait common to the entire game. Also, it ran feckin slow and looked like ass too. Bad textures, poor geometry detail. And SLOW. *ptui*

Hopefully, Halo 2 has actual level design...
wow, labyrinthe? i thought it was pretty straight-forward actually..

and when halo came out... what game were you playing that looked better than it? or did that just happen recently..

Back