[H]ardOCP vs. Infinium Labs finally over. (?)

Entropy

Veteran
See a few more details on [H]OCPs site.
Thank God.
And, IMHO, with the only reasonable outcome. Glad to see it, on many levels, for many reasons.

A question - will [H]OCP get reimbursed for their expenses by any (semi-)automatic means, or doesn't the US legal system protect you in any way from the expense of defending yourself?

This was the suit Kyle brought against them ... of course Infinium sued him too, they will probably loose by default now, but I havent seen any news about that.

Kyle made his point, dont make legal threats against him unless you know you can back them up and you are ready for a public relations nightmare ... an expensive point to make no doubt, but as he said he thought it was worth it to him to make it.

I think we need new laws for this, if companies make legal threats there should be a cheaper way to force them to make good on those threats than asking for declatory judgement (in which you have to be the plaintiff). Making legal threats should come with a built in risk IMO.

there is a cheaper way, make infinium labs pay for Kyle's attorney fees, which I'm sure is the next step. Usually this happens in a situation like this specially since IL backed out.

As Baron pointed out to me over at EB, the first line of that settlement agreement states that [H] and Infinium had reached an agreement already in regards to legal fees.

I'd really like to know what that is, but I'm too lazy to go over and post up at [H] and just ask Kyle. I'm getting into Vamp too much right now. :)

Back