H.264 samples

Hey

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a nice professionally encoded, high bitrate 1080p H.264 sample clip?

Thanks

UPDATE:
Ummm, Apple are now doing some H.264 samples on their movie trailer page but:

1. It's the usual embedded streaming crap
2. You need quicktime 7 for H.264 support

So...anyone know how to save the streams as files? I tired installing a codec pack which purported to have H.264 but the streams still dont play in Quicktime 6.5 for windows.

Guden Oden said:
Isn't H.264 or what the fuck ever just regular MPEG4 with a stupider name?
No.
With AVC/H.264 the MPEG-4 Standard defines one of the newest and also one of the technically best available, state-of-the-art Video Coding Formats

The AVC/H.264 Video Coding Standard was together finalized and identically specified in 2003 by two Groups, the MPEG (Moving Pictures Experts Group) from ISO and the VCEG (Video Coding Experts Group) from ITU (International Telecommunication Union), a suborganisation of the United Nations (UNO), which also standardised the H.263 format (mainly used in video conference software now)
The AVC/H.264 Standard itself was developed by the Joint Video Team (JVT), which included experts from both MPEG and VCEG

Also H.264 is much more complex than any of the other video standards currently around (MPEG4, WMV, MPEG2 etc).

They have come up with all sorts of ways to make it tricky to implement in hardware.

i was reading a thread over at anands, they said that you could download the apple h.264 trailers and play them with moonlits player. Other than this option ive not seen any PC 1080p h.264 clips.

epic

epicstruggle said:
i was reading a thread over at anands, they said that you could download the apple h.264 trailers and play them with moonlits player. Other than this option ive not seen any PC 1080p h.264 clips.

epic

OK, cool, but how do I capture the streams from the apple site? Scratch that, one of them is available to download as a file.

Just in case anyone cares, I've looked into all this stuff, and although there are a number of players that supposedly will playback h.264 .mov files (mplayer, videolan and more) I cant get any of them to work and apparently they are not very eficient even when they do work. I think the best bet is to wait for Quicktime 7 for PC to appear, although it's not clear when that will happen. Current status is coming soon.

Back