Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition [PS4,XO,X360,WU]

Scott_Arm

Legend
Great game. Basically like Zelda 2, but you're a luchadore. Beautiful graphics, good platforming, seemingly cool combat. Just started playing. Seems like an A+ game. Available on all the major platforms and I think it's still free for Xbox One with a gold subscription.

I concur this awesome game is like a mix of Zelda 2, Metroid and also Street fighter 2 with fast combats and great control on the character.

The reference to Street Fighter 2 in this new version (at least in the title) doesn't surprise me at all.

For those who coud be scared by the Zelda 2 reference, don't worry, Guacamelee is much better in all aspects than the frustrating Zelda 2.

Something about the art style gave me Flash game vibes and so I skipped this until it was added to the PS+ line up. My loss as this is a really great game, pretty much everything about it - level design, art design, sound design, writing, the whole shebang.

I agree, very nice game. I did play it when it came out on Vita originally. Mustn't forget to get it on plus now though for the multiplayer support, my son would love it.

Something about the art style gave me Flash game vibes and so I skipped this until it was added to the PS+ line up. My loss as this is a really great game, pretty much everything about it - level design, art design, sound design, writing, the whole shebang.
I got it from the xbox live games with gold promotion and barely played it, but it doesn't look like a flash game when you play it on your TV. It has some original situations, but I didn't get very far when I played it.

free on psplus right now. Original Guacamelee had also gone free on psplus earlier. Pretty fun game and hilarious too, although I did not go very far into it.

I played this game until I got stuck. I'm at a part where I need to get so many Gold Medals in order to pickup my next powerup (pollo egg bomb ?). I simply can't do some of the timings or combos consistently enough to do that without getting entirely frustrated and pissed off at the game. That's when I stopped playing it, about 1 year ago.

I got all trophies minus the dlc of the original. Today I booted up, it crashed within the first 10 minutes, just after the first church visit. Didn't give me the confidence to restart again.

Back