GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Watched it again today, definitely lots of aliasing even in the youtube HD footage.

Also, I don't like the car paint shader.
I think Al said they dropped 2xMSAA for post process AA, there is noticeable shimmering in 720p video from Gamersyde. Should give them pretty good bump in performance for dropping it.

Al said the new Max Payne 3 pics looked like some type of edge detect, and I imagine they're running on similar versions of the Rage engine, depending on when GTA5 is getting released.

oh my this looks like a juicy steak.

I'm hoping another March/April/May release 2012.

Or it this a 2013 deal?

I think Al said they dropped 2xMSAA for post process AA, there is noticeable shimmering in 720p video from Gamersyde. Should give them pretty good bump in performance for dropping it.

Yeah, it was pretty incredible than they managed to do 2xMSAA with their huge open world environments.

Anyone think that the footage could be console, or perhaps a PC/ console composite?

I wonder what Al has to say about it. I know he said he is not a fan of series, but he is interested in tech side of things. Can he spot improvements?:smile:

I'm really looking forward to GTA V. I liked the graphical look of GTA IV and San Andreas was my favourite PS2 outing of the franchise, partly due to the scale but also because of the characters and music. The thought of returning to Los Santos with an enhanced (hopefully) GTA IV engine has me excited - assuming they lose the needy phone-centric character interaction.

Scott_Arm said:
Yeah, I never played San Andreas, but I guess part of that was supposed to be LA, where this one is obviously supposed to be 100% LA.

Gta sa is imo the best gta released to date. It had a relatively fun story, and featured las Vegas and Los Angeles and San francisco as cities. It was an extremely big game with loooots of stuff to do.

Gta 4 in that sense was a big letdown as it was way smaller and shorter. Aside from better physics and graphics the game didn't exactly bring a lot of amazing stuff to the table. It also had relatively little things to do outside of the story.

Tbh after assassins creed and infamous, gta doesn't seem as appealing to me as they sometimes where

Cheezdoodles said:
Gta sa is imo the best gta released to date. It had a relatively fun story, and featured las Vegas and Los Angeles and San francisco as cities. It was an extremely big game with loooots of stuff to do.

Gta 4 in that sense was a big letdown as it was way smaller and shorter. Aside from better physics and graphics the game didn't exactly bring a lot of amazing stuff to the table. It also had relatively little things to do outside of the story.

So far there is nothing to suggest that there will a San Ferrero and Las Venturas, but the press release did say we'll be visiting "the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches”.

Surrounding hills and countryside could be pretty big of course :). I really enjoyed tearing it up in the smaller towns and wilderness and I hope there is a fair sized non-urban area to cause mayhem in.

GTA4 didn't have planes since it was all in one city but there were a few shown in this trailer so it's probably safe to say that the game world is big enough to justify flying around. Hopefully that means multiple cities with different personalities.

Honestly if they just made it the same three cities as GTA:SA, I don't think anybody would complain. They just shouldn't do Liberty City since that was all you had in GTA4 so people will want a change.

BTW, love the smog filter at the end.

I'm watching trailer for about 587th time and man is that song brilliant fit. When he says "but...well, you know how it is" and than the drums start, I feel like we are getting a new Tommy Vercetti, real badass. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what Al has to say about it. I know he said he is not a fan of series, but he is interested in tech side of things. Can he spot improvements?:smile:

The atmospheric lighting (whatever you want to call it) looks really nice. :)

nintenho said:
GTA4 didn't have planes since it was all in one city but there were a few shown in this trailer so it's probably safe to say that the game world is big enough to justify flying around.

Planes? You're thinking too small, there is a blimp clearly visibly in the sky in multiple shots :)

The atmospheric lighting (whatever you want to call it) looks really nice. :)
Good:smile: I thought they upped almost every part of visuals from GTA IV.

This will look Godly in motion:cool:
gta-5-trailer-1-oil-wells-pumping.jpg

Cool back to San Andreas, hope they step up the fun factor a bit though and eliminate some of the tedium of the old games.

I just hope that they've removed the smear filter form the PS3 version, so I can appreciate the fantastic visuals.

This game is gonna be EPIC I just feel it.

I just hope that the protagonist is more interesting, and more likeable than Niko. He did nothing for me, and was probably the worst GTA protagonist so far.

We need CJ back. CJ was awesome. Or at least someone as cool as him. Regardless, considering it's based in SA, we need OG Loke in this game :D

Back