GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

GTAVWindMillPower.gif
Sweeeeeet lighting :oops:

Directional ambient lighting + GI FTW :devilish:

This is most definitely running on the PC , no aliasing is simple enough to tell u that !

There is definitely aliasing in those videos, but I'm not prepared to say console footage yet. So far, Rockstar has not shown any non-representative vids for their games. Hopefully that continues and GTA5 will be looking this glorious on the consoles.

Woweee... looks amazing!

I was secretly hoping that the housers would ape the story of the TV show "Breaking Bad" for their next GTA game. Being able to play a protagnist like Walter White would have been incredible, but at least what they've already shown looks far better than bloody Niko Bellic. If there's one thing that i dispised about GTAIV, and made the story completely uninteresting for me, it was the protagonist they chose. Niko was so bland and unlikeable, it was near impossible to connect with him on any kind of level, nor empathise with him. I hope this new guy has more of a personality.

The trailer looks incredible though... i can't wait :D

I think R* are the only company that only released real, direct feed screenshots and trailers from consoles for all their games. If you download 720p video from Gamersyde you can notice aliasing, shimmering (most probably duo to post process AA) and slight shadow dithering. Non the less, it looks exceptional.

What I hate about Rockstar is they build up their games so slowly. This is probably the only thing we'll see from the game, besides a few screenshot releases until E3 or something. The media machine is starting to crank up for Max Payne 3, and the details of that are still coming slowly. It's excruciating!

What I hate about Rockstar is they build up their games so slowly. This is probably the only thing we'll see from the game, besides a few screenshot releases until E3 or something. The media machine is starting to crank up for Max Payne 3, and the details of that are still coming slowly. It's excruciating!

The wait for real gameplay footage will be even more painful. *Remembers GTA4*:mad:

I didn't say it was new, but it's well known that games with fully dynamic lighting use a flat ambient component.

This is a nice change from that.

What would be a hoot is if Claude, CJ and Tommy are all coming back for GTA5. I think I would love a GTA 5 where Claude, CJ and Tommy are all tied together in the main storyline but through the main storyline and DLC you get to play their roles seperately with their own backstory and missions.

Replaying main missions where its different because each character serve a different role which leads to a different experience. Like a bank heist where you play Claude and your role is to subdue to guards and empty out the tellers, but while playing Tommy your role is take the bank manager to the safe and get him to open it while CJ's role is holding off police and acting as the getaway driver.

With TBOGT you play a mission where you on the opposite side of Niko which was mission that was part of the main story.

Watched it again today, definitely lots of aliasing even in the youtube HD footage.

Also, I don't like the car paint shader.

Back