i feel november is going to be an expensive month

AC unity
CoD
GTA 5
Far Cry 4
i'm sure Last Stand will release in november too

+ aliens and driveclub in october

:runaway:

i think we can expect 1080p/30fps on consoles, i hope it's locked at least.

So is GTA5 significantly better than GTA4? Wasn't crazy about GTA4, and I quite honestly like the Saints Row franchise significantly more, so I wasn't even sure if I was going to get GTA5 unless they have brought the fun back. It looks good in pics but is it fun enough to play and finish or does it get tiresome partway through?

So is GTA5 significantly better than GTA4? Wasn't crazy about GTA4, and I quite honestly like the Saints Row franchise significantly more, so I wasn't even sure if I was going to get GTA5 unless they have brought the fun back. It looks good in pics but is it fun enough to play and finish or does it get tiresome partway through?

GTA5 is a lot better than 4, and it's a lot better for messing around. It's the best one since Vice City. Haven't played Saints Row to know how to compare.

I hated IV, and although the PS4 quickly got in the way of playing V on the PS3, I could easily tell V is far better than IV.

I hated IV, and although the PS4 quickly got in the way of playing V on the PS3, I could easily tell V is far better than IV.

I liked IV but V is better in every respect. As Scott_Arm said above, it's a better sandbox in which to cause mayhem and the diversity of the map is great.

I loved 4 so can only imagine how amazing 5 must be!
V was great but while the city looked like LA it wasn't populated enough to feel like LA. Hopefully nextgen and PC will remedy that - certainly the trailer they showed at E3, with columns of cars on the freeway, looks like a huge improvement!

V has production values unrivaled by any other game I've ever played. The amount of effort that went into it is unreal. 4 tried to do that, but the world feels empty and there's nothing to do outside the story missions. I still liked playing it quite a bit, but 5 is just a far better product in every way.

V has production values unrivaled by any other game I've ever played. The amount of effort that went into it is unreal. 4 tried to do that, but the world feels empty and there's nothing to do outside the story missions. I still liked playing it quite a bit, but 5 is just a far better product in every way.

Agreed.

Even with all the car mods, map mods, and ENB/ICE enhancers, GTA IV felt way to claustrophobic - as NY is. But still, it felt to encaged for my liking.

Anyhow, can't wait for November and January... I'm glad I held off from the PS3 version.

Even with all the car mods, map mods, and ENB/ICE enhancers, GTA IV felt way to claustrophobic - as NY is. But still, it felt to encaged for my liking.
Alderney was a great take on New Jersey, though. Driving around it just made me want to watch The Sopranos. :smile:

For some reason, I doubt Rockstar will keep it the same resolution as the Xbox 360 version even with all the graphical upgrades. The XB1 version should at least be 900-1080p.

I'd be pretty disappointed if the XB1 version was 720p. Because I plan on double-dipping. :)

I think GTA V's g-buffers are way too fat for X1 eSRAM so 720p might be all it gets. Just a hunch. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think GTA V's g-buffers are way too fat for X1 eSRAM so 720p might be all it gets. Just a hunch. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

also open world games tend to requirement more cpu bandwidth, taking away from main memory bandwidth available the Xbox One gpu. If they spill some of the framebuffer over into mainmemory it further increases bandwidth requirements.

Seems unlikely. I think 900p minimum. Some more geometry and better textures isn't going to make the Xbox sweat, and I'm not seeing a tonne more graphical effects, shading, physics or whatnot to obviate the differences between PS4 and Xbox ONe, so I would actually expect them to hit 1080p.

Back