GTA V announced [2011]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Bludd, Oct 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bagel seed

Veteran

2. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

3. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

I'm pretty shocked by the difference, even if it was a little bit to be expected, it still looks great. I didn't even play the PS3 version GTA V very much yet, and I'm still tempted to get this. Though then again it was partly the PS4's release that cut the GTA V playtime short, so that makes some sense. But yeah, it really looks great and I look forward to seeing more of the game when someone is actually playing it.

4. B Real

Newcomer

I hope this games avoids October. Sept. would be perfect.

5. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Well, the game is set up so that certain vehicles appear in certain areas. If you want the 4x4 you can go out into the country and find a mess of them, if you want a mustang clone, there's a couple of neighborhoods where they are just everywhere. Same with higher-class areas that spawn the Porsche's and other luxury vehicles.

I agree that it would be nice if they could work on changing that a bit. I know I searched for a bit to find a mustang to match my real-life car and then after finally being victorious and thinking I was so cool, a few hours later I found the neighborhood/area where there were just mustangs on every single corner and multiple ones lined up right after each other at every stoplight.

But it is kind of nice to also know that if you want a Suburban truck, you need to head to a certain place and you'll find one in no time at all.

I agree though, whatever percentage of spawn chance of vehicle type they are using should be lowered. So there's a high probability that you'll find X vehicle in Y area, but it shouldn't be as high as it is.

6. Jedi2016

Veteran

Are you guys talking about online or story mode? The online mode is where the gimping is worse because of the overhead of being online. I haven't actually noticed any unusually high duplicate cars in campaign.

7. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Tech Analysis: Grand Theft Auto 5 on PS4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-grand-theft-auto-5-trailer-ps4-tech-analysis

8. Pixel

Veteran Regular

Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look 1080p. If thats true, then its a vindication for watchdogs.

Occasionally it looks like they cut back on the spawning of distant vehicles for the nextgen version. If you look at that 2nd last scene with the vehicles on the overpass you'll see trucks being rendered in the distance on the ps3 version, while those same distant streets are empty in the nextgen version.
    Start the digital foundry video at 4:42

Perhaps the developers felt spawning cars off to the side when driving on an overpass could be cut given your camera is pointed forward +95% of the time on an overpass with zero opertunity to turn left or right. Also with the tall girders blocking your left/right view over the underpass you generally pay even less attention to whats happening on the streets below. Also maybe it was a necessary optimization for performance sake, the consoles are a big improvement, but not magic.

#648 Pixel, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
  9. Wynix

Veteran Regular

You're wrong.

10. sir doris

Regular

He sounds like Kermit.

11. TEEDA

Regular

Maybe the game will look closer to some bullshots R* released or to one of the first reveal trailer If I remember.

[​IMG]

12. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

Not entirely sure about tessellation. I don't think there's any info on how Rockstar builds their characters but it could be possible that they're texturing the high res, so they could simply build a more detailed lowpoly and do another bake to get higher res characters. We'll see.

13. milk

milk Like Verified
    Veteran Regular

those comments on the pic are quite weird.

14. Arwin

Moderator Legend

Anyone who classifies effects as DX11 and then talks as if that has any impact on what is possible on consoles cannot be taken seriously.

15. TEEDA

Regular

16. Pixel

Veteran Regular

He was referring to the ps3/360

17. Arwin

Moderator Legend

I know!

18. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

So it's a bunch of stuff made up by an unknown internet poster based on what he thinks is going on. Thanks, that would be enough.

19. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I thought the pic was being sarcastic/facetious. >_>

20. dobwal

Legend Veteran

Since we talking facetious, what do you think will show up first, next gen GTA V or online heists?