GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Still not convinced this will ever see the light of day on the PS4 and the Xbone (not even sure about the the PC). It's one of the unique and rare traits of R* games: they'd rather protect their brands from over-saturation than chasing after the easy money. Unlike with the Activisions and Ubisofts of this world, R* releases are still something special. Maybe there'll be some sort of GTAIV+Add-ons+GTAV compilation at some point down the road like the old GTA trilogy on the original Xbox.

Never thought of it that way. If nothing out of E3, then you nailed it.

Still not convinced this will ever see the light of day on the PS4 and the Xbone (not even sure about the the PC). It's one of the unique and rare traits of R* games: they'd rather protect their brands from over-saturation than chasing after the easy money. Unlike with the Activisions and Ubisofts of this world, R* releases are still something special. Maybe there'll be some sort of GTAIV+Add-ons+GTAV compilation at some point down the road like the old GTA trilogy on the original Xbox.

Really? Did they not release previous GTA games on everything every released in the history of electrical-powered devices?

Really? Did they not release previous GTA games on everything every released in the history of electrical-powered devices?

Porting classics to phones decades later isn't really the same. Everyone was convinced about the inevitability of a RDR pc port too, and yet it's still a 360/PS3 exclusive.

Porting classics to phones decades later isn't really the same. Everyone was convinced about the inevitability of a RDR pc port too, and yet it's still a 360/PS3 exclusive.

Agreed but recall Rockstar talking about online being the future of the series so if future GTAs are going to be extensions (possible DLC?) of the existing GTA Online then they'll need to get the core of GTA V on other platforms.

I don't know how popular online is, I've used it about twice :-/

Thank you Xenu!

'Bout ****ing time Rockstar. Of course they are releasing next gen versions too lol..........Making us wait they way they did. Now if only Red Dead Redemption was released on PC too.........

Eurogamer are reporting the new versions will have a number of graphical improvements, including better draw distances, improved texture details :yep2: and denser traffic. In addition, new forms of wildlife will also be included, as well as upgraded weather and damage effects and "an array of new details to discover".

So gratifyingly not a bare bones port.

I bet Ubisoft are very glad they released WD already. The GTAV announcement alone would have decently hurt their sales.

I liked it for a while too, but now I just find it unbelievably dull. The story is a badly written joke that's either to afraid or to oblivious to do literally anything with its interesting subject matter. On top of that it also seems to go on and on for ages; the main character is a boring cipher and the mission design? - geez. I kinda like Jordi, but that's about it.
Heck, I wasn't a huge fan of playing tennis either, but it's not like I cannot spend my time with a myriad of more entertaining diversions in that game. Diversions which were included in a much more organic fashion no less. Heck, with 66 main missions the amount of side activities don't really matter much to me anyway.

Glad you enjoyed it, but right now I'm just about done with Ubisoft titles unless the Montpellier studios are involved.

It's perfectly plausible that there were preparations for a PC port of RDR based off the 360 version that never was greenlit for full development. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of PC version prototype of the game. I'm sure many Rockstar employees clamored for a PC release so I'm sure they were preparing for what they figured might have been inevitable but unfortunately has not happened.

Any further RDR work I would expect would be some sort of Xbone and PS4 remaster, but like with GTAV, a PC release alongside would be sensible and still highly desired.

Back