GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

For me, it's starting out with the same problem as many other GTA games (all of which I completed), in that some of your contacts you do missions for as just assholes. If the game is telling a story, then the story requiring you to do missions for annoying dicks instead of people who are likeable, or your at least care about, makes no sense :p

Yeah that first
Lester
mission was a doozy.
I was pretty enthused by the effect that the surprise outcome had on me. But I was really appalled that he would orchestrated such an act for such a petty reason. First thought I had is "what if a Android fanboy did such a thing to Steve Jobs?". Was totally a douche move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this supposed to be car specific? I thought I remembered reading a review that said all the vehicles handled so much differently that there was actually a reason to keep cars in your various garages in this game, rather than in the previous ones.

It might be the car combined with Franklin's character specific driving skills bonus (not the L3/R3).
Most of my driving in the early going was mostly Franklin driving sport cars given his repo job gives him free access to the cars on the lot.

Is there any info on what form of AO solution is GTA V using?Is it baked on objects? cos in some areas the AO was so smooth on my car, almost RYSE like in quality. Very smooth.

BTW< does anyone else have trouble in signing in to Social club? I haven't been able to login from either th eps3 opr th e iFruit app :( !

Just met Trevor and its like a WHole New Game ! Whoa R* ! Good Job is an understatement ! and this is coming from someone who doesn't like GTAs ! WOW !

BTW< does anyone else have trouble in signing in to Social club? I haven't been able to login from either th eps3 opr th e iFruit app :( !

Apparently they have been surprised by the pre-orders and the great numbers of players... /fat sarcasm

Just another example of being unprepare i guess... unless they haven't switched everything on? My Facebook updates doesn't work, Picture App doesn't work.. but at least one of the 3 shares of "songs" i made did come through...

AND WHY NOT ALLOW A LOCAL SAVE OF PICTURES.. arrrrrrgggh!

Just met Trevor and its like a WHole New Game ! Whoa R* ! Good Job is an understatement ! and this is coming from someone who doesn't like GTAs ! WOW !
100% agreed. I was just beginning to click with M and F and the first big job was really good fun, then T comes in and you see the countryside - where the games looks really great IMO - and T's missions are fantastic :oops:

This game really is the spiritual successor to GTA San Andreas. The crazy is back :D I'm also not disliking Trevor as I thought I would because he has bags of personality. Sure it's an unstable, violent psychopathic personality that I should hate with a passion but I like this lunatic. M and F are bland in comparison.

Holy shit ! I flew a plane at dawn !I had no idea my ps3 could render this ! My gosh ! I mean, how? Now I have no doubt that MGS V will be able to achieve that awesome realtime lighting on current gen, no doubt !
And now, yes, now I wonder what R* has planned for next gen !

PSN Digital Version has the same issues as the "install" second disc option on the 360

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-why-we-cant-recommend-GTA5-PSN

I wonder if there is a Digital Download version on the 360, that would have to be the worst of all versions..

Seems to vary quite a bit depending on the type of harddrive you have installed. I'm on the PSN version as well, and so far I haven't experienced anything quite as egregious as shown in the comparison video. I'm almost tempted to put my SSD back in there to see if that has an impact, but then the streaming issues I may or may not have experienced clearly weren't severe enough to taint my experience with the game, so why would I even bother.

Personally, I bought the game on PSN because I'm hoping for a discount on the PS4 version in case that one ever comes out.

Seems to vary quite a bit depending on the type of harddrive you have installed. I'm on the PSN version as well, and so far I haven't experienced anything quite as egregious as shown in the comparison video. I'm almost tempted to put my SSD back in there to see if that has an impact, but then the streaming issues I may or may not have experienced clearly weren't severe enough to taint my experience with the game, so why would I even bother.

Well you could do it for others who might be having an issue to see if its a viable workaround?

Personally, I bought the game on PSN because I'm hoping for a discount on the PS4 version in case that one ever comes out.

It is possible that drive fragmentation on PS3 factors into the streaming issues?
I have always wanted to reformat my drive but not all savegames can be backed up :(

I haven't really noticed any streaming issue on the PSN version too.
Maybe there is but it's not enough to be noticeable?

It is possible that drive fragmentation on PS3 factors into the streaming issues?
I have always wanted to reformat my drive but not all savegames can be backed up :(

A proper backup also takes all savegames. But even smarter is just getting a Playstation Plus trial, which gives you access to cloud backups. Just upload your saves there, reformat your PS3 (or swap in a new, fast drive while you're at it) and download them again.

It's quite clear that not everyone is suffering from streaming issues with the PSN version, so some HDDs are fast enough.

Holy shit ! I flew a plane at dawn !I had no idea my ps3 could render this ! My gosh ! I mean, how? Now I have no doubt that MGS V will be able to achieve that awesome realtime lighting on current gen, no doubt !
And now, yes, now I wonder what R* has planned for next gen !

Flying around in a jet is almost like a PC flight sim from a few years ago. It really looks stunning. They did a great job with the art and engine.

What does this say about digital content for PS4 and X1? Are HDDs going to be fast enough on their own? I suppose with 5+ GB of RAM it should be ok.

i just spent 30 min kicking several cars to appreciate the new deformation system, it looks cool, forza devs should take some notes.

i just spent 30 min kicking several cars to appreciate the new deformation system, it looks cool, forza devs should take some notes.

Ha ha ha, first thing I'm going to do when I get home.

This game is great. The driving is a lot faster than in GTA4. I've had some pretty insane crashes because of the speeds you can hit.

Back