GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

The game world so damn beautiful ! :) and this time the characters are instantly likeable. Even the missions are feeling new and exciting. Good job R* ! Almost all TODs looks fantastic, especially when in nature. The city can sometimes look drab like gta4, but the nature is beautiful !

Played it for couple of hours.
First of all, the lighting is fantastic. Maybe too fantastic as the high contrast makes it hard to see things.
Improvements in gameplay controls are nice too. I like that when you choose a radio station time slows down.
Shooting while driving is really easy this time around too.

Aside from those, it feels more of the same. I need to play more tonight.

The opening cutscene over the beach looked awful.. I got a little worried. But after playing a few hours I'm pleased to say it's not as bad in IQ as I feared. Midday lighting seems the most plain looking, but otherwise it's quite impressive. Framerate however I can see people being put off by it a lot. Driving around city streets at speed it mostly runs in the mid 20s.

Driving mechanic is very weird. Braking is literally too good. Thought I was coming in too hot at an intersection to make a turn and braked hard and suddenly it seems the game is automatically going into slo-mo mode (Franklin has this as a special character specific ability) then I suddenly realize I have completely stopped in the middle of the intersection mid turn. It wasn't slo-mo it was me literally taking a 90 degree turn at 5 mph even though it seemed like I hit the intersection going well over 50 mph.

Took a jet ski at into the ocean and circled half the island while enjoying the wave simulation. Then took an inlet to a swampy area and went hunting. I was walking in the middle of the wilderness at night and got tired so I switched to Franklin and left Michael to find his own way home.

Best opening in a game I've ever come across or at least that I can remember.

The opening cutscene over the beach looked awful.. I got a little worried. But after playing a few hours I'm pleased to say it's not as bad in IQ as I feared. Midday lighting seems the most plain looking, but otherwise it's quite impressive. Framerate however I can see people being put off by it a lot. Driving around city streets at speed it mostly runs in the mid 20s.

Well, midday lighting is rather plain looking in real-life as well.

I've played a few hours, but it's not grabbed me and pulled me in like previous GTA games - but I know it will. I like the random police engagements (where they're chasing an NPC), whether in the street or in the cars. The use of cover and flanking by the cops is impressive. I'm crazed at the way they throw random mechanics at you in tutorial missions then don't use them for ages but really enjoyed the first joint Michael/Franklin mission.

For me, it's starting out with the same problem as many other GTA games (all of which I completed), in that some of your contacts you do missions for as just assholes. If the game is telling a story, then the story requiring you to do missions for annoying dicks instead of people who are likeable, or your at least care about, makes no sense :p

Well, midday lighting is rather plain looking in real-life as well.

True. Overall I'm satisfied by the graphics and definitely not wishing I waited for PC or PS4 versions or anything. And this is coming off of playing TLoU.

One weird thing I had to do was turn down my center channel by a ton though. Dialogue is set way too loud compared to movies and other games.

Driving mechanic is very weird. Braking is literally too good. .

Isn't this supposed to be car specific? I thought I remembered reading a review that said all the vehicles handled so much differently that there was actually a reason to keep cars in your various garages in this game, rather than in the previous ones.

Isn't this supposed to be car specific? I thought I remembered reading a review that said all the vehicles handled so much differently that there was actually a reason to keep cars in your various garages in this game, rather than in the previous ones.

I stole some dumpy beater car yesterday and it definitely did not stop on a dime. It was horrible to drive, in a fun way.

True. Overall I'm satisfied by the graphics and definitely not wishing I waited for PC or PS4 versions or anything. And this is coming off of playing TLoU.

One weird thing I had to do was turn down my center channel by a ton though. Dialogue is set way too loud compared to movies and other games.

Just wait until you get your bad weather situation (I'm pretty sure it's linked to a specific mission). The way the engine handles rain and lightning is really something else.

I'm kind of curious about dlc and the online mode. What is installed and what is on disc? If you need the bandwidth from both drives, how is dlc going to work?

It was evening and it started raining ! :) no lightening though.

I have got sucked into the game. Driving is too different in different vehicles. You can't really 'learn' driving here as the next vehicle u hijack will handle totally differently.

I still don't get the Franklin ability. What does it do? Do I become faster while the world gets slower? Also, hy have the chase 'focus' cam and cinematic cam on the same button? Sometimes, I press O to focus on the target and instead the game switches to cinmetic cam making me crash and die :mad: !

Still, this game clearly shows how boring GTA4 was. Finally, now I can say I am a GTA fan too.

What's there to get about Franklin's ability? It slows time to a crawl while boosting any given vehicle's handling and traction to insane levels. You can use it to zig-zag around oncoming traffic, navigate tricky intersections, or you can use it to keep the vehicle from spinning out. It's Max Payne's bullet time, except for cars.

Having spent a fair amount of hours with the game, I also think it's safe to say that streaming in the PSN version works just fine.

What's there to get about Franklin's ability? It slows time to a crawl while boosting any given vehicle's handling and traction to insane levels. You can use it to zig-zag around oncoming traffic, navigate tricky intersections, or you can use it to keep the vehicle from spinning out. It's Max Payne's bullet time, except for cars.

I pretty much save it for when I know I'm going to lose it on a turn. It gets traction pretty much immediately, so you could be in a situation where you were going to spin out, and you can correct it without losing much or any speed.

I barely used it at all so far. It's a cool ability and lots of fun, but so far none of the missions I've completed required an awful lot of driving skill (oddly enough the missions where I would've appreciated it most were all Michael's). And when I'm not on missions I'm usually just cruising at an uncharacteristically relaxed pace. Heck, yesterday evening I actually found myself obeying traffic rules. Kinda felt right.

Strip club is much improved.. tried to see what happens if you max out the like meters for 2 girls at once, but sadly you can only take one home :|

Also, has anyone played around with the dog much? I was trying to play catch with him but I accidentally tossed the ball away and couldn't find it.

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, so feel free to tag it if it is, but whats the delay time on the guy's special abilities?

Is it so long that you really want to save them for just the right time or is the delay pretty short? Or is there a delay at all? I'd imagine there'd have to be, but I haven't heard any mention of it in any the reviews.

Back